2004.2 packages cd - invalid binary packages
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndebard
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: 2004.2 packages cd - invalid binary packages Reply with quote

I just used 2004.2's liveCD, stage3 to get a 2.6 kernel up and running with no problem. I then went to use the packages disk to install some binaries, in particular xorg-x11. When I mount, point PKGDIR at that drive, then try and emerge xorg-x11 it lists about 100 or so files as "!!! Invalid binary package". I've downloaded the disk twice, from 2 different sites and done sumchecks on both times - no problems. I took some of these files it lists as invalid bin packages and copied them off the CD to just untar -j them myself - this fails with EOF errors. Clearly something is wrong with the packges 2004.2 disk.. right? Can someone confirm this or tell me wtf I am doing wrong? Not EVERY file is invalid, for instance 'kde' is fine in binary form on that disk, but about 100 or so files definately are listed as invalid.

Oh, and furthermore, you can't force it to install the bin package b/c it just won't (even w/ -K and -p) and instead just thinks it needs to hit the net and download some source.

Can anyone help please?
bakreule
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you list which packages exactly gave you the EOF? (don't have to give all 100, just a few) Also, for which architecture is your packages CD?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: