View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hell-Razor
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: HELP! linux = foobared Reply with quote

well i was playing a game about 15 mintues ago and it just froze, solid..i couldent even drop into a term...firs ttime that has ever happend to me in linux..but anyway i am using gentoo-light and it seems my curser has gone to the X that linux sometimes has rite before its loading any windowsmanager, and i cannot type unless my curser is in the typing "box" so to speak...it seems my menu bar has also become to where anything can go over it and i cannot access the desktop environments or anyhting like that because whenever i try, it gives me an error...also i cannot move nor can i resize ANY of the windows with anything that pops up...also it seems the border that defins the end of the windows and something behind it have gone somewhere...now does anybody know what i shold do? if i dont get responce soon i will most likely just re emerge gnome-light, and im almost 90% sure thats what you guys are going to tell me to do anywayz. thanks a lot there is also a lot more going on but its hard to explain, kinda like in windows and EXPLORER.EXE crashed...sometimes can cause funky shit
adaptr
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im far from sure about either your level of education or your approximate age but im sure youve paid for that game and in no way l33ted it off the net somewhere so ill see what youre trying to say and whatever that means to me but i cant read so fast so please be a patient

oh okay here we goez
the cursor being an x means you are looking at the naked X server without a window manager session manager or anyting of the sort so the game probably borked you out of the window system you can get out of X by hitting ctrl alt backspace unless you screwed with your x config
simply run startx again and the window manager should come back up

kinda like an explorer crash ? which windows were you using i havent seen that shit since 9x

HTH
HAND
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: