View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gherald2
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definately give Morrowind another try, it's well worth it. The game is MASSIVE, you will have litterally weeks of straight-playing freestyle fun on your hands!

BG2 is much more linear, but excellent all-around story and combat.

Sorry I can't comment on WineX or Cedaga, I have too many free academic copies of Windows XP to justify spending all that time and effort for a sub-optimal solution :oops:
Unregistered Linux User #17598363
lucasjb
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NeverWinter Nights... Boring? Reply with quote

Hi,

Nevermind that problem with server running a newer version. Emerging games-rpg/nwn again fixed it, I'm going to try out some multiplayer tonight.

Thanks for the Morrowind suggestion, I'll have another go at installing and playing that too. As I got mine bundled, I didn't get a manual --- all that stuff about choosing a star sign and stuff got me pretty confused. Anyone know of a good site for Morrowind info?
rafael
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably search google for fansites, and they probably have links to the best ones as well.
jokr2thief
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Boring or dumb, you decide. Reply with quote

I've never been into hack and slash 3/4 view RPGs... (I much prefer RPGs with a little more depth and character development.) Baulder's Gate, Icewind Dale, Fallout.. Games like that have really never held much interest for me... The entire premise of the game is to go to a place, beat a bunch of stuff up, retrive whatever items you can and do it all over again...

But in playing Neverwinter Nights, I found myself very perplexed and frusterated because I never saw any of the enemies drop what they were carrying... You run into Mr. Big Badass who is wielding the +13 Axe of Bullshit and wearing +6 Full Plate... You spend the time to beat him down, and for all your troubles, all he drops a leather helm, a stale crust of bread and a few gold coins. Somehow that dosen't seem right to me...
Thalion
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, platinum edition was just released, which includes both expansion packs, and costs $35.

Also, if the game seems boring, try to role-play. Not just walk around killing stuff and doing quests, but actually behave as it would be appropriate for your character. And that doesn't mean just alignment, but also race, background (you have come up with one, have you?) etc. It works much better in the expansions though, the original campaign is not very well suited for that.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: