Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
fonts.conf syntax
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bendy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: fonts.conf syntax Reply with quote

Okay, like many I was caught out by the latest xfree upgrade. I thought I had anti-aliasing sorted and working using Xftconfig, however following other posts I've got it generally working by editing fonts.conf and running fc-cache. The trouble is that everything is anti-aliased now. Does anyone know the correct syntax to do what this does in Xftconfig?
Code:
match any size > 8 any size < 15 edit antialias = false;
match any pixelsize > 8 any pixelsize < 15 edit antialias = false;

I googled this and someone asked the same question on the xfree86.org mailing list, only to be told by Keith Packard to read the man page and example file. Well I've done that and tried without success to insert the correct code. I found that this doesn't work:
Code:
     <match target="pattern">
             <test qual="any" name="pixelsize" mode="more"><double>7</double></test>
             <test qual="any" name="pixelsize" mode="less"><double>15</double></test>
             <edit name="antialias" mode="assign"><bool>false</bool></edit>
        </match>

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

bendy.
BlackPhoenix
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem. If you look a few threads down, I posted pretty much the exact same thing, with exact same result... I read the WHOLE man page of the darned thing, and I came up with about the same thing as you (a little more complex because I was more picky), but more or less, I have the same problem.

I actualy saw your post on the mailing list about it, and thats where I decided to read the man page=P What a small world.

Now, my guess is that there is either a small logic mistake in our code, or something we are forgetting to actualy make it work... Question is, what...

With the Xftconfig file, there was a ton of ressources and exemples about it... With fonts.conf, there is nothing that comes up on google, and no one bothered writting exemples, aside the man page...and the exemples on the man page are limited...

Until then, I just run without any antialiasing...fonts look like Windows default that way. Good enough for the time being...but I miss my antialiasing on large fonts.

Anyway, _however_ I read that you should be using match target="font" or something, instead of pattern, to be sure what you want is caught. But even that didn't help.
phong
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm locking this thread in favor of the grandmaster XFree 4.2.1 font problems thread. If you can't find a solution to your problem there, feel free to repost your messages in that thread.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: