USB Mass Storage and rsync errors?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viperlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: USB Mass Storage and rsync errors? Reply with quote

OK i bought a 20GB iRiver and would like to use rsync to update the files, i have 2 problems, hopefull one can be fixed, the other probably cannot.

Problem#1: USB1.1 is too damn slow and USB2.0 is unstable for me resulting in I/O errors on heavy traffic.

Problem#2: When i use rsync it starts off ok but after a while i start getting Read Only Filesystem errors, i know i mounted it write only, i check, somewhere during the rsync process it decided to become read only and the rsync fails :-(

In which case it is quicker and less trouble to just delete all my music and copy it over again (i have been doing a lot of re-ID3 tagging). just wondering if anybody else has had problems similar and if they fixed it, or know something that might be able to help me with speedy sync's
golloza
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1: Does the USB2.0 controller share his IRQ with another device? Check /proc/interrupts
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: