Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelacb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al'Capone wrote:
it crapped out 5 minutes into complaining about stlport ---* TG_SLO.MK *---
ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5/work/oo_1.1.2_src/stlport

any ideas??

please help

cheers

THis thread explains it:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=230103&highlight=unxlngi4+pro+misc+sobuiltsostlport
Al'Capone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks angella

i will be downgrading gcc just for the install.

cheers
lude
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuza wrote:
Thank you very much! Is it stable?

Been stable for me.
lude
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al'Capone wrote:
it crapped out 5 minutes into complaining about stlport ---* TG_SLO.MK *---
ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5/work/oo_1.1.2_src/stlport

You know that you're attempting to build it, not install the binary right?
Al'Capone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lude:
I am not building it at all, just trying to emerge a precompiled binary. the thing is portage still needs to use some headers and wrappers to do the job, and thats when it finds gcc-3.4 and craps out.

..I bunzipped and untared the archive looking for an install.sh or setup.sh script but didn't find any. :( other wise i would have installed manually instead of using portage's emerge command.

i am now downgrading gcc and then everything should be fine. i only upgrade gentoo (clean install every 2 years) if you notice been using it since 2002 the good ole days of 1.2 when there were only a handfull of us gentooers around :wink: it seems like the community has grown exponentially ever since.

go gentoo.......you see once i am done with this install i wont be back on the forums until 2007 thats why my counter still says i am a noob :wink: i figure by 2050 i will stil be a noob with a count hopefully below 100 8)

cheers
lude
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al'Capone wrote:
lude:
I am not building it at all, just trying to emerge a precompiled binary. the thing is portage still needs to use some headers and wrappers to do the job, and thats when it finds gcc-3.4 and craps out.

..I bunzipped and untared the archive looking for an install.sh or setup.sh script but didn't find any. :( other wise i would have installed manually instead of using portage's emerge command.

That's really strange, the package worked fine on my gcc-3.4 laptop.

Al'Capone wrote:

i am now downgrading gcc and then everything should be fine. i only upgrade gentoo (clean install every 2 years) if you notice been using it since 2002 the good ole days of 1.2 when there were only a handfull of us gentooers around :wink: it seems like the community has grown exponentially ever since.

I do remember the days, I have a 1.0-rc3 CD laying around somewhere. 8)
jub0r
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is having a problem compiling this, I'd like to help.
I need 4 more people at freeipod.com. If you use my link, sign up, and complete an offer, I'll send you a binary of OO-Ximian. Let me know what USE and CFLAGS you want as long as it will compile on my AthlonXP 3000+. I've built this twice, so I know I can get you a copy with at least -mcpu=i686 -O3 -pipe.

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10544217

R. Bosch
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I noticed that themes from gtk/gnome aren't realy getting through aside from buttons and other widgets. For instance Transmetal. No metal on the background (gtk wise). Is that still work in progress? I'd imagine that replacing widgets would be easier than the frames that would make up OO.

Just wondering..

R. Bosch
SKLP
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got -march=athlon-xp built package with USE="-curl -debug +gnome +java -kde" ? I don't wanna bother emerging gcc 3.3.X just for this. Thanks
GhePeU
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if there'll be a 1.3.6 release? ximian openoffice site is very "simple" and I can't understand what the src680 and snap directories are.
didl
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anybody is interested in compiling OO with gcc3.4 :D
I have used the patches posted here for openoffice 1.1.3 to create a
patch that allows openoffice-ximian-1.3.5 to compile using gcc-3.4.
I have successfully tested it using hardened-gcc-3.4.2-r3 together
with the nossp specs and assume that it should also compile
fine with vanilla-gcc-3.4.2. Also, I don't use java, hence no idea
if that works.

If anybody is willing to host the patch somewhere let me know and
I'll send it to you. It needs to be applied in

Code:

/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1/work/oo_1.1.2_src

via

Code:

patch -p1 <  [path to patch]
teutzz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can host them on my ftp server, but without anonymous access (but username and password would be public)
didl
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teutzz wrote:
i can host them on my ftp server, but without anonymous access (but username and password would be public)

I just mailed it to you.
teutzz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay it's on my ftp server now for those interested; my ftp's abouts is 2 pages back
brassj41
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: xoor and the menu button on the keyboard Reply with quote

This is a keygrabber question for openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1

The microsoft menu button on my keyboard switches focus the the menu bar at the top. ie "File"

I would rather have it open up the "right click menu". I have gotten into the habit of quickly fixing my spelling errors as I type using that key. Unfortunately, the key doesn't do what it used to do, and I do not know how to fix it.

I use fluxbo, but I don't think it is a fluxbox program.. I have tried the menu command in: Xchat, and GEdit and in both apps the menu command opened up the riight click menu.

Does anybody know how to get xoor to do likewise?
forceflow2
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didl wrote:
teutzz wrote:

I just mailed it to you.

Can you mail them to me also, I can't seem to get it from the FTP and I will be able to host it on my college account which should be up 24/7.
forceflow2
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got it. Thanks.
http://people.clemson.edu/~bmcalis/gentoo/ximian-1.3.5-gcc3.4.patch.bz2
noathustra
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At what point do I apply the patch? I tried to emerge openoffice-ximian, hit ^Z after the other patches had been applied and tried running the patch, which failed.

I am new to applying patches so step-by-step inx would be greatly appreciated
teutzz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the topic about gcc3.4 and openoffice (vanilla) in portage& programing (original post by geky), on the second page there is a post that contains an ebuild for openoffice-ximian with patch for gcc 3.4
didl
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noathustra wrote:
At what point do I apply the patch? I tried to emerge openoffice-ximian, hit ^Z after the other patches had been applied and tried running the patch, which failed.

I am new to applying patches so step-by-step inx would be greatly appreciated

Here's how I do it

Unpack the source
Code:

/usr/sbin/ebuild /usr/portage/app-office/openoffice-ximian/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1.ebuild unpack

Apply the gcc patch

Code:

cd /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1/work/oo_1.1.2_src
patch -p1 < <source to  ximian-1.3.5-gcc3.4.patch>

Then start compiling
Code:

/usr/sbin/ebuild /usr/portage/app-office/openoffice-ximian/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1.ebuild compile

If you're lucky everything compiles just fine :lol:

You can then run the install and qmerge steps of /usr/sbin/ebuild
and openoffice should be up and running. Good luck.
forceflow2
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nm, fixed that.
forceflow2
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, now a new error :(
Code:
gcc -c -fPIC -o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/vclplug_gen_dflt_version.o -DUNX  -I../unxlngi4.pro/inc /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1/work/oo_1.1.2_src/solenv/src/version.c
g++ -O2 -Bsymbolic -z combreloc -z defs -shared -L../unxlngi4.pro/lib -L../lib -L/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1/work/oo_1.1.2_src/solenv/unxlngi4/lib -L/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1/work/oo_1.1.2_src/solver/645/unxlngi4.pro/lib -L/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1/work/oo_1.1.2_src/solenv/unxlngi4/lib -L/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2/lib -L/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2/jre/lib/i386 -L/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/client -L/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/native_threads -L/usr/lib ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/vclplug_gen_dflt_version.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/vclplug_gen_dflt_description.o -o ../unxlngi4.pro/lib/libvclplug_gen645li.so ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/FWS.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salframe.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salobj.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salmenu.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi2.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salbmp.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salvd.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salogl.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/dtint.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salcvt.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/xfont.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/xlfd_attr.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/xlfd_extd.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/xlfd_smpl.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi3.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/pspgraphics.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/kdeint.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salprnpsp.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/gcach_xpeer.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/i18n_cb.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/i18n_ic.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/i18n_im.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/i18n_xkb.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/i18n_wrp.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/i18n_status.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/i18n_keysym.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/saldata.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/saltimer.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/saldisp.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salinst.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salsound2.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/audioconvert.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/osssound.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/devaudiosound.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/rptpsound.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/nassound.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salsys.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/soicon.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/sm.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/keysymnames.o ../unxlngi4.pro/slo/wmadaptor.o -lvcl645li -lpsp645li -lsot645li -lutl645li -ltl645li -lcomphelp3gcc3 -lucbhelper2gcc3 -lcppuhelpergcc3 -lcppu -lvos3gcc3 -lsal -lXt -laudio -lstartup-notification-1 -Wl,-Bstatic -lXinerama -Wl,-Bdynamic -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -ldl -lpthread -lm -Wl,-Bdynamic -lstlport_gcc -lstdc++
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi3.o(.text+0x9a1): In function `X11SalGraphics::DrawServerAAFontString(ServerFontLayout const&)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderFindVisualFormat'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi3.o(.text+0xa82): In function `X11SalGraphics::DrawServerAAFontString(ServerFontLayout const&)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderCreatePicture'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi3.o(.text+0xc17): In function `X11SalGraphics::DrawServerAAFontString(ServerFontLayout const&)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderCompositeString32'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi3.o(.text+0xc34): In function `X11SalGraphics::DrawServerAAFontString(ServerFontLayout const&)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderFreePicture'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi3.o(.text+0xc6e): In function `X11SalGraphics::DrawServerAAFontString(ServerFontLayout const&)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderSetPictureClipRegion'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/salgdi3.o(.text+0xd2c): In function `X11SalGraphics::DrawServerAAFontString(ServerFontLayout const&)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderCreatePicture'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/gcach_xpeer.o(.text+0x24a): In function `X11GlyphPeer::SetDisplay(_XDisplay*, Visual*)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderQueryExtension'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/gcach_xpeer.o(.text+0x266): In function `X11GlyphPeer::SetDisplay(_XDisplay*, Visual*)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderQueryVersion'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/gcach_xpeer.o(.text+0x2b5): In function `X11GlyphPeer::SetDisplay(_XDisplay*, Visual*)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderFindFormat'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/gcach_xpeer.o(.text+0x319): In function `X11GlyphPeer::SetDisplay(_XDisplay*, Visual*)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderFindVisualFormat'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/gcach_xpeer.o(.text+0x3a9): In function `X11GlyphPeer::RemovingFont(ServerFont&)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderFreeGlyphSet'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/gcach_xpeer.o(.text+0x582): In function `X11GlyphPeer::GetGlyphSet(ServerFont&)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderCreateGlyphSet'
../unxlngi4.pro/slo/gcach_xpeer.o(.text+0x9c2): In function `X11GlyphPeer::GetGlyphId(ServerFont&, int)':
: undefined reference to `XRenderAddGlyphs'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxlngi4.pro/lib/libvclplug_gen645li.so'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r1/work/oo_1.1.2_src/vcl/util

Genkaku
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one:

USE="-java -gnome kde"
Code:

/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:657: error: `dn' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:657: error: `getter_Copies' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:661: error: `PRUint32' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:661: error: expected `;' before "options"
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:662: error: `options' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:668: error: `nsILDAPConnection' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:668: error: `ldapConnection' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:674: error: `nsILDAPMessageListener' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:674: error: `messageListener' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:684: error: `nsnull' undeclared (first use this function)
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:529: error: `sal_Bool connectivity::mozab::MLDAPMessageListener::connected()' is private
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:689: error: within this context
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx: At global scope:
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:102: warning: 'NS_DEFINE_CID' defined but not used
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.cxx:202: warning: 'kPropertyName' defined but not used
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../../../unxlngi4.pro/slo/MDatabaseMetaDataHelper.obj'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-ximian-1.3.5-r2/work/oo_1.1.2_src/connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/mozillasrc
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girls and guys,

you may have a look at this thread for latest openoffice | ximian overlay which supports GCC 3.4

OOo 1.1.3 works and Ximian only with -gnome -kde... i have no box to test these flags. they are known to break!

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=246489

have phun! :twisted:
jub0r
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Tooltips gone. [solved] Reply with quote

I've got the standard 1.3.5-r1 installed +kde +java -gnome built w/gcc3.3.4

For some reason, the tooltips aren't showing up. It doesn't happen for any of my kde, gtk1 or gtk2 apps. Anyone else experience this problem? It didn't happen to me with 1.3.4

If anyone wants a binary of my build and will tell me if it does the same thing on their system, PM me and I'll send it to you.

the closest bug i could find was this
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=37000

Edit: 12/01/04 I finaly found out WTF was wrong. Under the Help menu, I needed to check "Tips". Weird, or maybe not.

Last edited by jub0r on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: