View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Multimedia Keys Stopped Working Reply with quote

I have one of Sakar Internationals YAHOO! branded keyboards with the 16 extra keys on it.

http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-5.html#ss5.27

(That is, remarkebly, the only picture of it I can find, but I have the beige version, and I should add that those scancodes are wrong from what I can tell.)

I'm runnin the 2.6 series kernel and had almost every key, except those 5 in the middle, working in conjunction with lineakd. Then the other day when I booted, all the extra keys were dead. XEV stopped responding to all of them except one, dmesg doesn't show anything, /var/log/messages doens't register anything, showkey doesn't register anything except that one (that key is the middle one on the left set BTW). I was using the pc101 xkbmodel option in XF86Config, and I've tried about 4 others since they stopped working with absolutely nothing changing. I've tried playing with lineakd's settings, and the 'Power Off' button is the only one that will register any reaction. I know the 2.6 series has problems with multimedia keys, but I had them working. I had even rigged my own lineakd config up for my board. To my knowledge I hadn't changed anything, and I can't for the life of me figure out what happened. I've done as much reading as I can and I can't find anything that helps. Today I built myself a new kernel with the latest version in portage and that didn't help either.

Here is my current XF86Config section.
Code:
Section "InputDevice"

Identifier   "Keyboard1"
    Driver   "Keyboard"
    Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
    Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel"   "pc101"
    Option "XkbLayout"   "us"

EndSection

Any suggestions on how I could get them working again would be great, thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: