I/O load testing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpman
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: I/O load testing Reply with quote

Hello, been trying to install gentoo on a server i am building, this server has adaptec 2410sa sata hardware raid controller with 3 74gb raptors.

Numerous gentoo installs have failed with i/o errors on scsi which what the 2410sa is recognised as, the install have tried nuromous.

I tried a mandrake 10 installed and got errors when installing packages.

I tried a knoppix 3.4 install and it worked fine but as not real hard disk usage this was not good test so moved disks and controller over to another system and installed mandrake, this worked.

I then moved drives and controller back to serve and booted, after some auto hard changes mandrake booted fine and seemed to work ok.

I am now doing a gentoo install via knoppix and all seems ok so far, building kernel, but when finished i want to run I/O disk test to see if it crashes.

I am hoping that the problem is with the kernel driver for controller in both gentoo 2004.2 and mandrake 10, if it installs ok i can try different kernel and see which is most stable before doing install proper.

So, can anyone recommend a testing app that will serve my purpose?

cheers
SATA Areca 1210 Raid
BFG OC2 8800 GTS 640mb
--------------------------------
Notebook
Samsung Q45 7100 4gb
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: