using jpeg2000 with kde & kuickshow
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urspaul
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: using jpeg2000 with kde & kuickshow Reply with quote

I do have a camera producing jpeg2000 files, as I do not like to convert each file to jpg (or whatever Installed on kde 3.2 with kuickshow expecting kuickshow to manage jpeg200. Then I emerged jasper and after that upgraded (emerge) from kde to 3.3. Hoping kuickshow would recognise jasper being installed. Still no luck, I am getting following message: “Perhaps the file format is unsupported or your Imlib is not installed properly”.
It seems to me that the jpeg2000 library is not recognised?
Help is appreciated …
Carlo
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jasper dependency seems to be void (at least in kde 3.3). I'm not sure, if imlib provides jpeg2000 support. Please have a look, if you emerged kdegraphics with imlib use flag enabled. If not reemerge it, please. If it doesn't help, then open a bug report (at best with a small jpeg2000 picture attached) please.
urspaul
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USE flag was enabled, however when I was taking a new picture (for the bug report- the original file was to big), this new one was displayed with Kuickshow. Then I was copying the "not working" file into another folder (folders are located on a Windows2000 workstation - shared with samba) the file was ok. When I was deleting the original folder and copied the files back - guess what - all files were displayed well... I am not sure how to interpreter that! But thank you for your immediate reply.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: