View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpalladi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: kde 3.3 and kcontrol advice please Reply with quote

A few config questions:

1. Sound system notifications - I could only get this to work if I specified 'play' as an external player. Every other aspect of my sound system seems OK. Is this usual ?

2.System administration -> Font Installer - What is fonts:/Personal and how do I use it ?. There is nothing in there, everything is in fonts:/System

3.Konqueror - How do I get rid of the new google searchbox next to the address bar ? gg: is perfect for me

Thanks
Quantumstate
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It's not normal, but I have this too, with 3.3.0 .
2. Fonts Personal will put fonts in your /home. System puts them in /usr/local/share . If you want the rest of the family to have new fonts, put them in System. For your weird ones (Yahren), use Personal. Or, if you're the only user and only back up /home, put them in Personal.
3. There's a way to turn it off in Config. But I set it to my favorite search engine, Vivisimo.
rfujimoto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I remember having to edit ~/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc and fixing the 3 lines manually to look like this:
Code:

[StartProgress]
Arts Init=true
KNotify Init=true
Use Arts=true

For some odd reason it was set to false for a few things even though I had specified in the gui to use arts.

2. Fonts personal is ~/.fonts -- in otherwords, user installed fonts.

3. To get rid of the google search bar, you have to edit the toolbar by rightclicking on the toolbars and choosing configure. Then use the pulldown menu to find the toolbar that holds the search bar and remove it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: