Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Mouse troubles & Firefox loading a page = 100% CPU Load?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KristyX
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Mouse troubles & Firefox loading a page = 100% CPU Load? Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm running Firefox 0.9.1 and noticed that when Firefox is loading a webpage, my CPU Load jumps to 100% usage... is this normal??

Also, sometimes, my mouse just completely stops working and I have to reboot before everything's back to normal again. I don't think it's the mouse since a reboot fixes the problem and the comp isn't "hanging" because I can Alt+Tab between my apps and work with them via keyboard just fine. I don't know what triggers it but I'm hoping someone can show me how to find out what does :)

Thanks,
Kristy
guzik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm running Firefox 0.9.1 and noticed that when Firefox is loading a webpage, my CPU Load jumps to 100% usage... is this normal??

You might want to emerge firefox 0.9.3

Quote:
Also, sometimes, my mouse just completely stops working and I have to reboot before everything's back to normal again.

Is it a usb or ps2 mouse? if it is ps2 it could be your mouse wigging out and disconnecting itself from your ps2 port, if it isn't your ps2 port in the first place. also with ps2, at least on my mobo and any that i have seen, whenever you disconnect the mouse/keyboard you will not be able to plug it back in. the only way to get the mouse to work is to, restart the computer.

if i were you i would look for a new mouse over at your local fry's or compusa or any other friendly store with a 15 day return policy w/o restocking and see what happens.

if this doesn't work post more information and ill swing at it again :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: