Help ANYBODY?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Help ANYBODY? Reply with quote

Wich one of your cd's work i have downloaded the install-x86-minimal-2004.2.iso install-x86-universal-2004.2.iso livecd-x86-lt.iso and tried burning these in nero platinum edition as an iso.. i also have tried alcohol 120% to burn these but everytime it just hangs at booting from cd-rom yes its setup to read from cd in bios and even my external hp dvd recorder is setup to read at bootup.. i have no luck i tried that floppy disk loader that sombody suggested on the sticky.. but i cannnot get it to work either.. i would really like to get this working.. i had gentoo working in an earlier version uhh it was quite a while... ago.. on this same system so i know its not the mobo or anything.. lol it dosnt even get to the point where it boots.. it just hangs at "Boot from cd:" and does nothing.. so if anybody can tell me wich installation might work.. cause all these seem not to be working. .for me and i have tested it on 3 other comps.. i know you have had a lot fo the same questions.. on other topics but i cant find any resoultions.. and i know you guys are busy trying to do more important things but how hard would it be to fix a small bug.. or maybe its not smalll well anyways.. any help would be appreciated.. i dont have access to any linux have windows 2000 on both of my comps.. and i dont really want ot install another distro just to install gentoo..
black hole sun
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the regular 2004.2 liveCD? And not the minimal one?
Harrh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i have tried that one too
dark_priest
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried no_FB and the other options that minimizewhat it loads?
Harrh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like im having a hardware problem.. cause now all its actually loading isolinux.. instead of just staying at the "boot from cd:" now its says unknown keyword in config file
couldnt not find kernel image.. so im goin to try erasing the cd-rw and reburning it again..
Harrh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got it working sorry for wasting your guys time i dont know what it was.. but it works now.. thanks a lot for all your guys help..
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: