View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmeile
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Upgrading to kde 3.2.3, xine-lib won't build Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade to kde 3.2.3. It has installed almost everything except by xine-lib and 20 packages more. When trying to emerge xine, it fails and shows the following error:

video_out_opengl.c:77:21: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory
video_out_opengl.c: In function `opengl_render_image':
video_out_opengl.c:715: warning: implicit declaration of function `gluErrorString'
video_out_opengl.c:715: warning: format argument is not a pointer (arg 3)
make[4]: *** [video_out_opengl.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xine-lib-1_rc5-r3/work/xine-lib-1-rc5/src/video_out'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xine-lib-1_rc5-r3/work/xine-lib-1-rc5/src/video_out'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xine-lib-1_rc5-r3/work/xine-lib-1-rc5/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xine-lib-1_rc5-r3/work/xine-lib-1-rc5'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-libs/xine-lib-1_rc5-r3 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 150, Exitcode 2
!!! Parallel make failed

I see it's an opengl related error. I'm not using a special video card like nvidia, so, I tried disabling opengl on the USE section of /etc/make.conf, but it stil fails. I also noticed that the configure script detects gl.h, although I disabled opengl, and then the building process still tries to compile "video_out_opengl.c".

How can I completely disable opengl?

Thanks in advanced,
Josef
jmeile
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Upgrading to kde 3.2.3, xine-lib won't build (Solved) Reply with quote

Ok, I solved it. I couldn't compile xine-lib whithout opengl support, so I had to reinstall glut. This package was there, but some how the glut.h header was missing. Now I have to wait till the rest of kde is built. I hope I don't have any other problems.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: