View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themoebius
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: is gFTP really this buggy or is it me? Reply with quote

I thought I would ask in the forums before posting a bug because gFTP seems so incredibly buggy I don't even know where to start. I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced these things. Maybe it has to do with amd64? I don't know.

Issue 1
It doesn't rename file names usually it starts, and never finishes:
RNFR template.asp

350 File exists, ready for destination name
and it just never gets any further than that. Apparently it considers the task as being done because it allows me to change directories and whatnot.

Occasionally when I right click on the file name and choose rename, gFTP just disappeares.

Issue 2
I have a stransfer sitting in the queue and it's at 0% and says it's "waiting" well Its not doing anything and when I right click on it and hit stop transfer i doesn't do anything. I have to close and reopen gftp to get it out of there.

Issue 3
changing directories. I'm not sure exactly what causes it but when I transfer some files from the local window to the remote window it gives me a file not found error. It will be displaying the folders in my home dir even though the local path is different. Or visa versa. I can't find a specific thing that causes it to get confused - all I know is that it happens a lot.

Issue 4
When I tell it to do some action like delete some files it brings up a confirm box where I say "Yes" and it starts doing the action, but the confirm box is still there. Then if I click yes again it crashes. I think it also crashes if I try to close it using the x.

I think there are some other issues with disconnecting and telling it to connect agian. There are so many other bugs, but I don't see any of them reported in bugs.gentoo.org or bugs.gnome.org. I'll try to post more as I remember them or as I come across them.

Should I submit a bug report for these? to gentoo or gnome?

Thanks.

Last edited by themoebius on Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
jewps
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with #2, it's stupid but what can you do. At least it works. Perhaps someone can suggest another ftp client?
LostSon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run a few game servers and also some websites and i use gftp to upload all kinds of stuff and have never experrienced any of these problems 8O
discomfitor
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I edit a bookmark and open the bookmarks menu it crashes. Usually I use ncftp unless I really need a gui.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: