Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Bush is a liar? Bush is a thief? Bush is a murderer?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wishkah
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Bush is a liar? Bush is a thief? Bush is a murderer? Reply with quote

Bush is a liar.
He lied about the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, there are none and if they'd be in the position to build some, they would've done so after the invasion began. He lied about the fact that they'd certainly catch Osama Bin Laden, he didn't catch him and there is no progress (once he said "he is priority number one, we will catch him", then, when it was clear that they would fail, he said "I really don't think that much about him, terrorism isn't one man"). He lied about how he would help the economy in the US, it's in terrible condition with more and more people unemployed and more bankruptcies (it doesn't matter if that's his fault or not, he promised that he would create jobs and he did not => lie). I could forgive these things, many politicians make up such lies to get elected, also here in germany, but the thing I cannot forgive is: He lied to each and every father and each and every mother who lost a child in Iraq by telling them "this war is for the protection of our country". In fact, the war is futile, terrorism is not being "nipped in the bud". Quite the opposite: Iraqis are turned into terrorists by killing their parents or sons, daughters, wifes, husbands, or by destroying their homes. Terrorism does not only flourish in a country where the government is "evil" or that is a part of the "axis of evil". It can also operate in a country so just and equal as Germany or the US. That is because terrorism is an international problem, not one that is concentrated in one country. Bush even seems to realize that. So why does he try to fight terrorism by taking over nations? Can you solve international problems by overthrowing national dictatorships? No, terrorist groups can just go somewhere else, they're mobile. But Bush lies to the American people and the world by saying "yes, we can fight terrorism by invading countries".

Bush is a thief.
He stole a significant number of votes in the 2000 election and thereby the presidency. Yes, the US Supreme Court decided against this with 5:4, but only by saying "ooops, time's up", one judge was even so disgusted by this outcome to sign with "I dissent" instead of the usual "I respectfully dissent". Isn't it suspicious that his brother (Jeb Bush) governed Florida at the time? There was a black list of voters whose votes would not count, it contained 47,763 people, 60% democrats, 20% republicans (the difference between Gore and Bush was only a few hundred, just looky here). Suspicous is the fact that many on this list had a "previous conviction" in the future (e.g. year 2007). The close results are suspicious itself, looks like someone influenced the numbers just so there would be slightly enough votes on Bush's side (and didn't want to exaggerate). With so many powerful friends, you can't lose.

Bush is a murderer.
Bush is the murderer of the American soldiers that died in the futile Iraq war that he made up. The soldiers enlisted free-willingly, but under which circumstances? These soldiers come from the poorest parts of America where unemployment is a major problem and school education is below standard. When their families need money, maybe because their father lost his job thanks to the many bankruptcies, then what choice do these young men and women have but to enlist (remember, without good education it's hard to get a "normal" job)? But Bush is not only the murderer of the Americans killed, he also is the murderer of each and every innocent Iraqi that died in the war that he and his Secretaries evoked.

These were my impressions when I walked out of Moores latest movie. The theses above are established by Moore more or less direct. We all know that Moore isn't exactly neutral, but that doesn't invalidate the numbers (and I don't think he is actually lying right into the camera)!

Some Republicans here are getting rather pissed whenever they hear "faked election" or "futile war" or "where are the WsOMD" and start insulting people instead of giving valid counter arguments ("Moore is a fat, unpatriotic asshole"). You can keep that kind of reply TO YOURSELF!!! GO AWAY! If you have no proper argument, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY! Everyone else (republican or not), with arguments that aren't made up of curse words, please: PROVE THESE THESES WRONG! Tell us why he didn't fake the election! Tell us why he didn't make up the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq! Tell us why he isn't responsible for each and every death caused by the war that nobody else wanted!

Only one of those things would've cost every other president the re-election. Why does Bush get away with it and maybe even gets re-elected?
paranode
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try not to post dupes.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=220688
Slyde
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are enough war/politics threads. Yeayaw.
amne
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to Duplicate Threads. This is not a political statement, but there are numerous threads about this topic already, e.g. the one mentioned by paranode.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: