tcl doesnt install wish/ freezing after emerge -uD world
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueillusion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: tcl doesnt install wish/ freezing after emerge -uD world Reply with quote

Hi, i cant remember which version of tcl installed at first. But after i ran an emerge -uD on my system, my aMsn started to freeze up and i lost my chinese/japanese display support in amsn. I unmerged tcl 8.4 and deleted /usr/bin/wish /usr/bin/wish8.4
After that i ran emerge /usr/portage/dev-lang/tcl/tcl8.3.4
because i thought maybe i was using tcl 8.3 earlier on before the freezing started. But when i installed it, it did not install wish, so i went back to tcl 8.4 and to my surprise it didnt install wish either! I got very worried, but i managed to find someone on the gentoo irc channel that had the exact same setup as me so he sent me the wish8.4 tcl file. (Thanks MrDarkUser :) )
That worked. But in the future, how else would i install wish on gentoo? Also another question, WHY would it be freezing after a emerge -uD (as freezing i mean it freezes for like 20 seconds then gos back to normal, also why is my chinese/japanese text support gone?)
Some information about my system:
kernel 2.6.6
Xorg 6.8
Udev
Nptl
Amd xp 2600
Asus a7n8x nforce 2 motherboard
512mb ddr ram
80gb western digital hard drive (not running any hdparm stuff on it)

Any help with this? Id really appriciate the help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: