View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shovas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: RealPlayer10Gold no video? Turn off "Use XVideo" Reply with quote

On installation of RealPlayer10Gold you may be able to load up and play video streams with audio but no video.

The solution in my case was to go to Tools->Preferences->Hardware and uncheck "Use XVideo".

That was the solution in my case and it doesn't look like it's documented anywhere.
grepcomputers
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem - RP10 would always crash when I tried to play a file with video, unless I unchecked "Use XVideo". However, I discovered that it only happened if I had another program open using the xv video driver.

RealPlayer10's xv video driver does not seem to appreciate having it already in use. I can have many mplayer, totem and xine windows open at once, playing video, but trying to run RP10 with video when I have another video playing or paused crashes it.

NOTE: I never tested this with mplayerplug-in running in a browser, but I assume the same thing would happen.

cheers...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: