Epson Stylus Color 880 Not working [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feint
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Epson Stylus Color 880 Not working [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Before I upgraded to KDE 3.3 my printer worked fine. After I installed it no longer works. In KDE it finds the gimp-print foomatic driver for my printer. On the cups localhost webpage it does not. What is odd is that anything i send to the printer to be printed turns up as "Completed" but nothing comes out. This is not as odd when compared to the fact that I can check the ink levels and clean the print cartridges, but I cannot print. Any suggestions? I have tried completely removing everything printing related and then reinstalling and nothing will work.

[SOLVED]
I am a freaking n00b. I had the USE flag in the make.conf to produce ppds files, but i just did a emerge -vp gimp-print and it had a "-ppds" use flag. How lame.

Last edited by feint on Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
diastelo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For CUPS, you will probably have to download the appropriate PPD file, if you haven't already. You can find these at linuxprinting.org by searching through their database of supported printers. Once you have CUPS working, you should have a way to tell KDE to use your already installed (and hopefully working printer) which might be called something like lpr.
feint
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the directions. It said that gimp-print had the appropraite PPD.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: