View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercurator
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Fluxbox, Kde and Soundserver Reply with quote

On my system I've got KDE, in which I've had no problems what so ever. Then I've emerged fluxbox and noticed that there's no sound. I fired up kmix in fluxbox and noticed that is was on mute. After unmutting, everything worked. However, after each reboot the sound resets to mute. This is not such a big problem, but what really bothers me is that at each kde start I get the following KDE Crash Handler message: "The application Soundserver (artsd) crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV). This appears wether fluxbox was started before or not.

So what can I do so that the sound won't be on mute after reboot and what can I do to stop KDE Crash Handler bugging me all the time.

George
Cuardin
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, either you stick with KDE and use all of the KDE stuff.

Or you skip KDE entirely and life will become simpler. Get rid of arts, since you only need that for KDE. Use alsamixer to set up your stuff. Then restart the alsa-service and everything should be properly saved. You can check your /etc/asound.state to see what settings have been saved.
devil_ua
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Fluxbox, Kde and Soundserver Reply with quote

mercurator wrote:
On my system I've got KDE, in which I've had no problems what so ever. Then I've emerged fluxbox and noticed that there's no sound. I fired up kmix in fluxbox and noticed that is was on mute. After unmutting, everything worked. However, after each reboot the sound resets to mute. This is not such a big problem, but what really bothers me is that at each kde start I get the following KDE Crash Handler message: "The application Soundserver (artsd) crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV). This appears wether fluxbox was started before or not.

So what can I do so that the sound won't be on mute after reboot and what can I do to stop KDE Crash Handler bugging me all the time.

George

Enter
Code:

emerge aumix
rc-update add aumix default

then run aumix, unmute all that do you need
It's all!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: