View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Cant autostart apps with Entrance Reply with quote

Im building an HTPC, and I want mythfrontend to start when I log in, and when I exit mythfrontend I want the WM (fluxbox) to exit.

Im using entrance for the non-ugliness, but it seems it wont let me autostart stuff. For now I'd just like it to autostart mythfrotend... My ~/.xsession looks like this at the moment, although Ive changed it plenty...

Quote:
#!/bin/bash
mythfrontend &
fluxbox

Ive also tried exec, and the wait $pid thing. I made the file executable with chmod +x, and I know it recognises the file, since if I screw it up, it wont log in at all. Ive check all the various xseesion and xinitrc file in /etc and they all point to ~/.xsession.

Does anyone know what Im doing wrong? Is it entrance, fluxbox, xorg, or myself at fault?

Also, do you know how I can get it to exit when mythfrontend does? Im understand that the session will end when .xsession has been completed, so can I just reverse things to get it to work this way? I already tried stuff like...

Quote:
mythfrontend &
waitpid=$1

fluxbox &

wait $waitpid

Any ideas?

Thanks very much :)
Zut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: