View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuppe666
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: -opengl -xv on X with a sis onboard graphics card won't work Reply with quote

I have a simple graphics card. Recently with the xorg-x11-6.8.1 I had to start compiling without my beloved xv(which I have always loves for vids/emulation). And have no desire for any opengl noncence have always compiled with -opengl +xv until the fateful day when X promptly told me such things were not possible. I checked the bug which is considered resolved its solution is upstream. I did the only option available whih was to remove my xv from my flags (now -xv). Apart from the stuff I cannot run anymore (quicktime xmame). As of x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.99.5
(remember I'm looking for upstream resolution). It tells me I need xv. So as of this upgrade I'm stuffed. I need +xv +opengl on a graphics chip which will never have dri or anything else. Opengl will make it cry.

This is an error xv does not need opengl. It is not being resolved upsteam it is a bug. Thats the end to it labeling it as resolved upstream is just noncense.
Pithlit
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... SiS supports DRI btw (ok... depends on the chipset). But that's not the point. Noone forces you to actually use opengl even if you compile the opengl support. Just disable DRI in your xorg.conf:
Code:
#    Load       "glx"
#    Load       "dri"

#Section "DRI"
#
#   Group "video"
#   Mode 0666
#
#EndSection

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: