Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Audigy ES - does anyone have it working?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakub
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Audigy ES - does anyone have it working? Reply with quote

I have a question regarding the Audigy 1 ES card. I haven't found any info about it on the forums. It seems it is an OEM card with an Audigy chip (contrary to the Audigy LS which is not a real Audigy). Now, does anyone have this card working (I'm thinking about buying it)? I guess it should work with the emu10k driver?

I'd really appreciate an answer (even a simple "Yes, I have it and it works ok".). It would be awful to buy it just to find it's some crap which has only been named Audigy.
Jakub
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god it works. The mixers in alsamixer are different though (no AC97 sliders) so it will probably take some time till I set it up (but recording seems to work, if I use the Mic Boost option).

But what I'd like to say is that I personally find it disgusting how Creative Labs name those cards. First the deceipt with the fake Dell SB Live card, then the Audigy LS which is a fake Audigy (it won't work with the kX drivers on windows), the ES with no info about (it's a cheap OEM Audigy 1 card), and I believe they also sell some SB live 24bit (which is probably also some faked card). Total confusion, misinformation.

I've also read on the ALSA mailing list that their attitude towards linux is: "Bugger off, we have more important things to do" or in the best case: "We can supply you with te info about the card if you do not share it with anyone" (i.e. no open-source driver). It's disgusting considering how many linux users have a Live/Audigy/Audigy2 card.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: