Need help getting Video-In Working on ATI Rage Fury Pro
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalhedd
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Need help getting Video-In Working on ATI Rage Fury Pro Reply with quote

Ok, I've got a few Video Tapes that I want to convert to Divx Video's.
I don't own a video card with Video-in So I borrowed an ATI Rage Fury Pro from a Friend. Unfortunately I have to return it in a couple of days so I need to get this working as quickly as possible, so I hope you guys can help me out :)

I've emerge gatos-ati and made the necessary changes in my XF86Config
recompiled my kernel with V4L compiled, and the V4l /proc interface, but none of the specific Options underneath V4L are compiled in (none of them seemed to apply, so I assumed it wasn't necessary, please correct me here if I'm wrong) I also left out DRI Support because I read that it doesn't play nicely with Video in.

Now ultimately I'd like to store the Video (Approx 2.5 Hours) in some sort of uncompressed format (free Space isn't much of an Issue, but I'm assuming it won't be much more than a few Gigs.) I'd like to have a few different copies of the Videos with different levels of compression (SVCD, Low Quality Divx, Hi Quality Divx. etc. plus I plan to do some editing of the footage later on, so the uncompressed version I'd like to keep.

What software should I be using to do this? any recommendations on how to go about the compression? I've had ZERO experience with Video-in before so any help would be useful. Just trying to get this done before I have to give the Video Card back. BTW I have a SB Live Card for audio, and the Audio Quality of the Video is very important, (Concert footage).

Ive tried doing it under windows, but the Software was horrible, it could only save as mp2 or AVI, and couldn't even open the .mp2 files it created. when I saved them as Divx the Audio was terribly out of Sync.

TIA Everyone,
Andre
metalhedd
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump bump
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: