Really messed up /usr/include/linux
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpdwork
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Really messed up /usr/include/linux Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a really weird problem. My /usr/include/linux now displays partial file contents instead of file names when I "ls" as follows:

??#ifdef __USE_GNU?/* Find the first occurrence of NEEDLE in HAYSTACK.? NEEDLE is NEEDLELEN bytes lo
? last written byte. */?extern void *__mempcpy (void *__restrict __dest,????__const void *__restri
? most BUFLEN bytes of BUF will be used. */?extern char *strerror_r (int __errnum, char *__buf, size_t __buflen)
Compare N bytes of S1 and S2 (same as mem
HAYSTACKLEN bytes long. */?extern void *memmem (__const void *__haystack, size_t __haystacklen,??? __const vo
size_t __needlelen)? __THROW __attribut
#endif???/
* Copy N bytes of SRC to DEST, return pointer t
/?extern void bzero (void *__s, size_t __n
_MISC?/* Reentrant version of `strerror'. If a temporary buffer is r
__;??/* Find the last occurrence of C in S (same as strrchr). */?extern char *rindex (__const char *
c) __THROW __attribute_pure__;??/* Return the position of the first bit set in I, or 0 if none
d). */?extern void bcopy (__const void *__src, void *__dest, size_t __n) __THROW;??/* Set N bytes of
dif??/* We define this function always since `bzero' is sometimes needed when? the namespace rules does not
east-significant bit is position 1, the most-si
ength of S. */?extern size_t strlen (__const char *__s) __THROW __attribute_pure__;??#ifdef?__USE_GNU?/* Fi
h of STRING, but scan at most MAXLEN characters.? If no '\0' terminator is found in that many characters, return M
irst occurrence of C in S (same as strchr). */?extern char *index (__const char *__s, int __c) __THRO
ize_t __n) __THROW;?extern void *mempcpy (void *__restrict __dest,??? __const void *__restrict __src, size_t _
n char *strtok_r (char *__restrict __s, __const char *__restrict __delim,??? char **__restrict __save_ptr) _
restrict __delim,???? char **__restrict __save_ptr) __THROW;?#if defined __USE_POSIX || defined
rn a string describing the meaning of the `errno' code in ERRNUM. */?extern char *strerror (int __errnum) __THROW;?#
rn int bcmp (__const void *__s1, __const void *__s2, size_t __n)? __THROW __attribute_pure__;??/*
tern void __bzero (void *__s, size_t __n) __THROW;??#if defined __USE_BSD?/* Copy N bytes of SRC to DEST (like memmove,
xtern size_t strnlen (__const char *__string, size_t __maxlen)? __THROW __attribute_pure__;?#endi

The file system is ext3 on /dev/hda4. I've been able to rename the directory, but I can't delete it, even as root. If I try "rm -d" I get:

rm: cannot unlink `linux.save/': Is a directory

And it's the same even if I boot off the install directory and mount the filesystem under /mnt/linux.

So, two questions:

How do I recover my /usr/include/linux so that I can build things again?

And how do I blow this garbage away for good???

Thanks, Colin
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try to post the output of the following command in here?
ls -ld /usr/include/linux

Normally this should be a symbolic link to /usr/src/linux-2.4.19-r10/include/linux

Erik
eric_s
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebrostig wrote:

Normally this should be a symbolic link to /usr/src/linux-2.4.19-r10/include/linux

Erik

The funny thing is that the ls seems to display /usr/include/string.h.

I would advice that that you run an fsck on your filesystem to make sure it's not broken.

Then you should either make a symlink to your kernel source includes as stated above or copy the directory to /usr/include.

to remove the old fscked up directory, have you tried rm -R linux.save ?
eric_s
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric_s wrote:
ebrostig wrote:

Erik

The funny thing is that the ls seems to display /usr/include/string.h.

I would advice that that you run an fsck on your filesystem to make sure it's not broken.

Then you should either make a symlink to your kernel source includes as stated above or copy the directory to /usr/include.

to remove the old fscked up directory, have you tried rm -R linux.save ?

oh and make sure that your source include is OK before linking. You might be better off to download a new source if you are unsure.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: