Intel S875WP1-E Motherboard
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ybjones
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Intel S875WP1-E Motherboard Reply with quote

I am trying to install Gentoo from the 2004.2 CD onto a stystem with an Intel Entry Server Board S875WP1-E. I have two SATA hard drives connected to the Adaptec ICH5-R SATA RAID controller and they are set up in the controller BIOS as a mirrored set.

When I boot off the CD, I have to use smp or the system locks up after detecting hardware (the floppy light comes on and nothing happens). I have tried doataraid and doscsi and I am still unable to see the hard drives.

I also am unable to get the NICs working. The motherboard has a 10/100 and a gigabit NIC onboard. The drivers should be e100 and e1000. I am unable to get a DHCP address on either NIC when using these drivers.

Any suggestions on what drivers to load for the NICs and the SATA RAID? The Intel CD has Linux drivers but they are for Redhat.

Thanks,
Yancey
batnator
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have installaed two servers last week with this board, try this kernel choice:
Code:
gentoo acpi=off
this has worked for me. The modules e100 and e1000 are loaded while the systems does the hardware detection, when not do it self
Code:
modprobe e100
modprobe e1000
when you have no ip on your network devices just type
Code:
dhcpcd eth0
or
Code:
dhcpcd eth1
Yesterday i have startup the servers as failovercluster in a production enviroment.

the raid function of the board i have disabled (with the msdostool) and use the softwareraid from kernel.

Registered Linux user #77182
ybjones
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Still no luck Reply with quote

I did try those and only the smp choice does not lock up. I have also tried to do the dhcpcd eth0 and it just will not get an IP address. I can boot with Knoppix and get an IP just fine but with the Gentoo LiveCD I can't. I am out of time on this so I am moving to an Athlon system with hardware that I know works with Gentoo.

Thanks for the response.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: