View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daemonflower
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: fvwm and firefox/thunderbird Reply with quote

Hi yall,
I recently re-discovered fvwm as a favorite window manager. I'm having some issues with it (2.5.10-r7) though. The most pressing one right now is, I can't get firefox and thunderbird to work with it. When I start either of those, the procces are running, but the windows do not appear, neither on any screen nor in the Window List.
I have tried several workarounds. None does work reliably. The best success I had up to now was with the style line
Code:
Style "*irefox*" Icon 48x48/firefox.png, MiniIcon mini/firefox.png, EWMHMiniIconOverride, StartsOnPage 0 0 0
Style "*hunderbird*" Icon 48x48/mozillathunderbird-bin-icon.png, MiniIcon mini/mozillathunderbird-bin-icon.png, EWMHMiniIconOverride, StartsOnPage 0 0 0
and starting firefox with
Code:
firefox -geometry 640x480+0+0
This did not work for thunderbird, though. Neither does it work with any other StartsOnPage specification (none that I have tried, anyway).
Popup dialogs from either FFox or TBird show up on the current page, as well they should.
Mozilla 1.6 works fine. I use Firefox 1.0pre and Thunderbird 0.8 on gentoo gcc34-amd64-2004.1.
Any ideas or comments? I googled for this bug, but did not find it, just some other issue with Firefox fullscreen mode. Has anyone seen this before?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: