View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kesereti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: KDM seems to have died... =\ Reply with quote

So, I emerged KDE 3.1rc3 a couple days ago, but didn't notice this problem until I finally got around to actually restarting KDE today...KDM loads, like it should, but no matter what user I choose to log in as, no matter what session type (I have fluxbox installed as well) I choose, the result of the login is that the screen goes blank, the monitor clicks through a couple resolutions, and then it drops me back to KDM! KDE by itself (run with 'startkde' from the command line) works just fine, so KDE definitely doesn't have problems starting...has anyone seen this problem? And if not, what log files could I start looking at to try to diagnose this problem? Thanks!
rbonthond
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also had this problem, seems your /usr/kde/3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc is f*#k up... only way i know of to restore it is to re-emerge kde. after that make a backup of that file.

read for more information:
http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32802
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: