uclibc Howto?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safrax
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: uclibc Howto? Reply with quote

Are there any good uclibc howtos out there? I'm stumbling around and slowly making progress but I keep getting hung up on broken patches, missing patches, and other general brokenness. Currently I'm stuck on binutils.

Code:

* Applying various patches (bugfixes/updates)...
 *   01_all_binutils-2.15.91.0.1-no_rel_ro.patch.bz2...

* Failed Patch: 01_all_binutils-2.15.91.0.1-no_rel_ro.patch.bz2!
 * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
 *   /var/tmp/portage/binutils-2.15.92.0.2/temp/01_all_binutils-2.15.91.0.1-no_rel_ro.patch.bz2-19671.out

The contents of the file are basically a ton of "No file to patch" errors.
iggy
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't any documentation to speak of yet. It's on our list of things to do. One thing you can look at in the mean time is the uclibc stages in the experimental section of the mirrors. It's mostly the same as using regular stages, only smaller (although for real embedded systems, still entirely too big). If you want to ask someone some questions, feel free to stop by #gentoo-embedded on freenode. We try to answer questions as quickly as possible, but you may have to wait a little while till someone is around. Just be patient.
solar
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gentoo-embedded mailing list is also a good source of information. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gentoo-embedded
We have one request for the users which is to not bug the uclibc mailing lists for problems with gentoo. It's list is busy enough already. :wink:
Safrax
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did get uclibc working after I stumbled onto the stages in the experimental dir. I've not been able to compiled php4 since it complains about iconv support and the above bintutils bug which has been reported. It's much faster for my little EPIA router than glibc is.
iggy
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not be an option, but php5 does work with uclibc. You have to be careful with USE flags, but it's possible.
Safrax
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horde-imp doesn't work with php5 because of some domxml stuff or something like that being removed from php5 so it's not an option.
Anime_Fan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked in the experimental dirs just now, and all of the embedded stages seem to have vanished.

Is this beacause 2004.3 is coming up? I would like to get my hands on a hardened uclibc stage{1,2,3}-tarball as soon as possible. A shame none of the mirrors seem to carry them any longer ;(

Edit: After 24 hours of searching, I found an outdated mirror... Thanks to mirror.gentoo.no, I appreciate it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: