Couple miscellaneous gentoo problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elsipkitch9809
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Couple miscellaneous gentoo problems Reply with quote

Hola,

I have a couple issues that I hope someone here can help me diagnose and fix, and I didn't know what category to put them in, so I guess this is good for now.

1) I recently stopped having any boot messages past the swap device being set. It just sits there and continues in the background until I get the login prompt. What I mean by boot messages is I don't get anything that has the [ok] or [!!] at the end. Is there anything that could have caused this? The 2.6.7 and 2.6.8 kernels seem to have this issue. It's not vital that much, but I would like to know if something is having problems loading, and that everything is working ok. Any ideas?

2) I managed to get everything sound based to work perfectly except I still have an issue with dvd sound. MP3s play fine, everything works great, except when I play dvds the audio is gutteral sounding, like lower or something. I have no idea why this is so while all my other stuff plays fine. Anyone with an ibook g4 get dvd sound to work right? If so, how?

If anyone can help with either of these issues, please let me know :)

Hardware:
iBook G4
256 MB of ram
Kernel 2.6.8-r7
Xorg 6.7
orionrobots
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Boot messages Reply with quote

Have you tried using dmesg and piping it through less so you can view it?
Also Vt12 is commonly set up to continue messages after the login prompt is display in vt1.

I nearly always keep a window open wherever I am working with
Code:
tail -f /var/log/messages
running.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: