View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtombs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: GnuCash GTK2 Reply with quote

Anyone any idea when gnucash 2 (using GTK2) is due? I had a look at the CVS and the latest commits where 3 months ago... will it ever come out? I really don't want to install a whole load of gnome1 libraries just for this. In fact I don't want to use GnuCash at all, but until there is a viable KDE alternative...
Nylle
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gnucash team is pretty small, and they have a huge codebase to manage. What makes porting difficult is that gnucash uses a lot of custom widgets that they have designed themselves, which are not easily ported to gtk2. Also, gnucash uses Scheme heavily, which unfortunately scares away many programmers who want to help.

Gnucash GTK2 will come out eventually, when it's ready. In the mean time, I suggest you try it anyway. It's an awesome app, and though it might not be pleasing to the eye it works great.

//Andreas
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: