Portage infrastructure statistics and logs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emilong
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Portage infrastructure statistics and logs Reply with quote

Hi, all!

I'm doing research on large distributed systems in which there is data to which many updates and reads are made, both at a high rate. I'm also a gentoo user and realized that the portage tree infrastructure is a great example of this kind of system! What I'd like to do is find some trace data that would help me model portage use on various research systems.

Is there some place where portage infrastructure statistics and logs are posted? Specifically, I'd like to find out how many people rsync to all the servers in the rotation. Do the servers keep a count of unique IP's or some such statistic? If so, are they collected in some central place?

I'm also interested in the logs for changes to the portage tree. What I'm looking for here is something like a cvs log that would give what change was made to the portage tree by whom and when.

If anyone knows the answers to any of these questions, I'd be grateful to hear them. In the short term, this data could help improve the distributed systems being research in academia and in the long term could help gentoo build a more efficient portage distribution network. :)

BTW, if none of these statistics/logs are being collected, I'm more than willing to help write the code to do so if others are willing to run it!

Thanks!
Emil
Genone
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/index-cvs.xml

I don't think there are any public statistics for our rsync network, maybe you can try to contact one of our infra admins for more information (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: