View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creyato
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: xorg-x11 6.8.0-r1 wont emerge!! Reply with quote

hey, i dont have much time to post (at school), so im keeping it short... when i emerge xorg, it goes through the process all good and dandy, right up until a part that needs (or is making) glxgears or glxinfo (i forget) and it will just quit out on me... if anyone has had this same problem (or if you just know the answer :lol:) could you please tell me why this would be?

PS - ive tried this with gcc 3.4.2-r3 and 3.4.2-r2 (r2 is the one i had originally emerged it last time, so it shouldnt be a problem) and the newest glibc ---- if you need more info of the problem, ill be back to post around 2:45pm EST ---- thanks in advanced!! :D\

EDIT: hmm, i looked at gentoo-portage.com and i see xorg-x11-6.8.0-r2 is masked now -- and IIRC i had r2 on here before -- and the problem i had when i used r1 was that gcc34 didnt compile it right) and i just realize i was trying to emerge r1 earlier! :roll: well, ill unmask r2 when i get home (have no idea why they masked it, seeing it works with gcc34 unlike r1 8O, atleast for me anyways)

Last edited by creyato on Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
creyato
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
copy all from nvidia-glx to /usr/lib/modules
It's trouble in xorg-x11 ebuild it install x11 libraries to /usr/lib

seen that on the forums a minute ago - maybe that could be my problem... but i dont see why, cuz i didnt have to do that last time (neither did i have to with r1)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: