View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goblin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Gnome-newbie; about Gtk/Gnome-themes Reply with quote

I recently switched from fluxbox (temporarily, just wanted to try Gnome) and I would like to have som clarification about the themes (and some other stuff), I've spent som time around the 'net trying to figure things out, bu to no avail... :roll:

What is the difference between a GtkX theme and a Gnome-theme?

Is a metacity-theme typically embedded within such a theme?

Can you exchange the default metacity window manager for another window manager, say fluxbox? Can you do it globally?

How do I install a new GtkX/Gnome theme?
(I have tried using the in-Gnome theme manager but the new themes doesn't show up, a refresh-issue? I have noticed that my ~/.themes folder is being filled with themes, how do I get them to work?)

And, to finish up, how do I set a global default window manager setting for GDM, so that I can remove the available session choices (I don't want my users to be able to choose).

Please help, thank yous, any little help or fragment of answer is most appreciated :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: