Keyboard 'hangs' on LiveCD
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djh-world
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Keyboard 'hangs' on LiveCD Reply with quote

Hello there.

I've tried searching the forums for an answer to this, but I'm currently having quite a few problems with attempting to boot off a 'lxnay reiser4-enabled' LiveCD, and there has been no definate answer on the forums itself

The CD boots up fine, I can select my kernel to use and then wait for the loading process to finish, until it reach's the prompt for you to type, this is where the keyboard seems to 'freeze' (numlock stays on regardless of input, same with caps lock) and I am unable to do anything.

The keyboard is a PS/2 keyboard, and I have tried using other keyboards, but I just get the same problem each time.

I've attempted to boot off the liveCD with the following options: -

Code:

gentoo acpi=acip
gentoo nousb

I only tried the 'nousb' option as a last resort, I have no USB devices connected to this machine, and my keyboard is most definatly PS/2!

Yet I still get the same problem.

Anyone got any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks.
dajashby
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: keyboard problems with livecd Reply with quote

Folks,

I'm having much the same problems, except that I can't even choose a kernel. I've tried two different keyboards, and both 2004.0 and 2004.2 livecd's. The same thing happens with another linux bootable cd I've tried using. The PC is currently configured with Red Hat 9, and I've also successfully installed Mandrake on it in the past. Interestingly, if I disconnect the keyboard the livecd will continue past the boot prompt, and if I connect the keyboard fast enough I can then get further into the installation. I suspect that there might be something about the bios on the machine that ISOLinux 2 doesn't like, but I don't know. The box has an Asus motherboard with a PIII processor.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: