View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDGR406
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Kasablanca not displaying remote dirs Reply with quote

Kasablanca does not seem to be displaying the contents of remote directories when connecting to sites. It just shows the files from my local system in both panes.

After doing some research on the matter the only related things I can find are this (including the four posts underneath it) and this. On that second link the guy seems to have resolved the problem but did not indicate what the resolution was.

It doesn't matter if I run Kasablanca as my normal user or as root, I still get no directory listing. I *am* successfully connected to the site and I can manually change dirs by editing the path but it *will not* show the contents of the dir.

I have verified that the directory ~/.kde/share/apps/kasablanca/ exists which is what one of the replies in the linked threads seemed to suggest the problem might be, so now I am at a total loss.

I really am not interested in using a different FTP client at this point, or I would. I have tried gFTP and am really not satisfied with its lack of connection settings (pasv, auth/TLS etc) and queueing capabilities. I am similarly dissatisfied with Kbear.

<rant mode>
Just a general commentary on FTP clients for linux... what a sad state of affairs. Either no one uses FTP programs on linux (which I doubt), everyone uses command line clients (possible) or everyone uses FlashFXP through wine. I have no idea if Kasablanca is still an active project or not but it looks promising. However, with show stopping problems such as this I am unable to use it.
</rant mode>

Sorry if this post sounds negative but I am at a loss. I would really like to get this program working since it does look promising.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: