View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkeywrench
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: gaim-encryption and libssl3.so Reply with quote

I'm trying to get gaim-encryption working. When I run gaim -d (debug), I see the following error messages:

Code:
plugins: /usr/lib/gaim/ssl-nss.so is unloadable: libssl3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugins: /usr/lib/gaim/encrypt.so is unloadable: libssl3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugins: Unable to find saved plugin ssl-nss.so
plugins: Unable to find saved plugin encrypt.so

I don't like using Firefox through portage, since it seems like Portage is always a version or two behind... (mozilla-firefox-bin-1.0 isn't in yet, for example). So I just download Firefox and toss it in my home directory, and run it from there.

I have nss emerged, and I DO HAVE libssl3.so:
Code:
# locate libssl3.so
/usr/lib/nss/libssl3.so
/home/nile/softs/mozilla/libssl3.so
/home/nile/softs/firefox-latest/libssl3.so

I read around and decided to try to emerge mozilla-firefox to see if the problem would be resolved: it was. Problem is, that's not much of a fix. Emerging mozilla-firefox-bin does not solve the problem. I'm going kind of crazy trying to figure out why this is broken... keep in mind that gaim-encryption emerged perfectly fine.

Can anyone help?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: