View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
credo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Items in the Gnome "Computer" Folder Reply with quote

I have a problem with my system at the moment, whereby if I browse to the "Computer" folder on my GNOME 2.8 desktop, I see about 20 different drives, most of them duplicates. I cant delete these drives, even when root, so I'm stuck with a massive side-panel in the new GNOME filechooser.

Is there any way to delete these?

Finally, there has been a lot of talk about the new gnome-volume-manager. How do I set it up exactly? Is there a good guide on the web? I already have udev on my system, as well as HAL and DBUS, but im not sure what else I need to do.

Cheers
timezone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe each of those icons represents an entry in /etc/fstab. If you have entries in that file that you dont need, deleting / commenting them out there should remove them from the 'computer' view. You will want to leave anything you want to get working with gnome-volume-manage, though. For that, also make sure you have hotplug working.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: