stagefile gen project idea
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spuhkewzi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: stagefile gen project idea Reply with quote

one of the frustrating things about a new gentoo install is that I use ~x86 and like everything to be updated before I start compiling stuff. Since I'm lazy, I just use stage3 which usually has outdated utilities. I had an idea that I could build a box that would get the current official stage3 tarball, change the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to ~x86, and emerge -uv world. After that, it'd all be re-tarred and uploaded to one of my servers for general consumption. What do you guys think of this idea? Do you think anyone would actually use it? I was thinking about a daily (if i'm only using one arch) or weekly (if i get to cross-compile for different cpus) release schedule. Any feedback is very welcome. And if you'd like to help me out, just go ahead and contact me.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: