View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wzzrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:17 pm    Post subject: Mozilla works on KDE, not on Gnome Reply with quote

I emerged Mozilla 1.2.1 this morning. For one odd reason or another it only works when I run KDE. Under Gnome it seems to start, but even before the window pops up, it shuts down. The console shows no errors.

Neither does Galeon show errors, but it segfaults anyway. I built it this morning against Mozilla 1.2.1. I built galeon-cvs, cuz I wanted to try this one for a change. For both I had "-gtk gtk2" in my /etc/make.conf. Could that have been the problem? I built xft2 from the masked programs list before I built Mozilla.

What do you think will re-emerging with gtk in my make.conf mozilla and galeon-cvs help? Oh, by the way, Evolution 1.2 doesn't support SSL. Anyone noticed this? Or is it just st00poid and terribly sl0w me that sees this the last? :P
logiqal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just emerged Moz 1.0.1 (I believe that's the right version). I have found that if you get a segfault right after installing Moz, deleting all .mozilla and .netscape* directories in your home directory will clear up the seg fault. But this will also erase all your bookmarks and other settings. So use at your own risk and remember to backup your bookmarks.html file first.
wzzrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're at it: is there a way to tell emerge to emerge mozilla with --disable-mail at the configure prompt?
asimon
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install Mozilla without mail and news support with 'USE=moznomail emerge mozilla'.

There are other USE flags which influence the Mozilla configuration:
mozsvg mozcalendar mozaccess mozinterfaceinfo mozp3p ozxmlterm moznoirc moznocompose moznoxft
But you have to look and understand the ebuild to see what they do.

Cheers,
Andreas
synonymousca
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what's causing the problem in the mozilla script myself since I haven't gone looking for it, but you can run mozilla with "/usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin" and it'll run fine. (Well, it does for me.)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: