Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
gcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forsa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: gcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1) Reply with quote

Hello, i am installing gentoo 2004.2 right now, from the live cd, I followed the handbook, I prepered my HDDS ,downloaded steage3, unpacked it, and installed portage and snapshots via emerge sync, and now i am emerge -u world, and i get this error:

Code:
gcc printf_fp.c -c -std=gnu99 -O2 -Wall -Winline -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -freorder-blocks -march=pentium3 -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -fPIC    -I../include -I. -I/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1/work/build/stdio-common -I.. -I../libio  -I/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1/work/build -I../sysdeps/i386/elf -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread -I../sysdeps/pthread -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../sysdeps/gnu -I../sysdeps/unix/common -I../sysdeps/unix/mman -I../sysdeps/unix/inet -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../sysdeps/unix/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix -I../sysdeps/posix -I../sysdeps/i386/i686/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../sysdeps/i386/i486 -I../sysdeps/i386/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386 -I../sysdeps/wordsize-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-96 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754 -I../sysdeps/generic/elf -I../sysdeps/generic -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/include -isystem //usr/include -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include ../include/libc-symbols.h  -DPIC -DSHARED     -D_IO_MTSAFE_IO -o /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1/work/build/stdio-common/printf_fp.os -MD -MP -MF /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1/work/build/stdio-common/printf_fp.os.dt -MT /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1/work/build/stdio-common/printf_fp.os
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:0: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
{standard input}:552: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.lon'
gcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1/work/build/stdio-common/vfprintf.os] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1/work/glibc-2.3.3/stdio-common'
make[1]: *** [stdio-common/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1/work/glibc-2.3.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 587, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

i got the same problem with, libperl-5.8.4-r1, and when tryed to compile the kernel (make menuconfig), then i restarted and started all over.
if you could help me please :)
-Shimon
WumpusWill
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you complete your install before doing the # emerge -e world? One of the advantages of the Stage 3 is that you can have a fully working system when reinstalling your portage tree. Also, this allows you to get everything up and running before having to mess around with errors like above, and makes things fairly straightforward in terms of tracking down errors. It keeps you from having to do the install over too.

Once you've successfully installed the Stage 3 and have a working system, if that particular ebuild still crashes, you might try emerging different versions of it until you find one that works. I've run into a package or two in the tree that had an error, sometimes all it takes is a day or two for the corrected version to find its way onto the mirrors.

Best of luck!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: