Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
32 bit MPlayer compile without 32 bit chroot?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kongl03
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Beep Media Player Reply with quote

Anyone have any luck emerging bmp with win32code USE flags???
I'm trying to figure out how to play MIDI files and wma files on x86 system.
120GB Seagate SATA
TEAC DVD-RW
Nvidia GeForce4 5600
LeadTek TV Tuner
And of Course Gentoo :)
djmaze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: avisynth found! Reply with quote

in_mythery wrote:

Code:

You will not be able to use your remote control.
Playing -.
Reading from stdin...
Cache fill: 19.73% (1654784 bytes)    Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll, /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll
TS file format detected.
DEMUX OPEN, AUDIO_ID: 34, VIDEO_ID: 31, SUBTITLE_ID: -1,
PROBING UP TO 2000000, PROG: 0
NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  NO SUBS (yet)!
Opened TS demuxer, audio: ffffffff(pid 34), video: ffffffff(pid 31)...POS=0
No stream found.

Exiting... (End of file)

There is a /usr/lib/win32/ directory but no avisynth.dll . There is no /usr/local/lib/win32/ directory. The emerge.log looks clean for the 11 ebuilds that loaded.

I googled for it and made it ;-)

Just download avisynth_xxx_dll.zip from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57023 and put the dll into /usr/lib/win32.

It will work!

Greetz,
Martin
kroenecker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't play any dvd's. I get the following error:

libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
Reading disc structure, please wait...
libdvdread: Invalid IFO for VMGM (VIDEO_TS.IFO).
Can't open VMG info!

I looked to see if I have libdvdread on my system (under emul/linux/x86) and it appears to be there... Any suggestions?
kroenecker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing seems to be linked against libdvdcss on my system. Is that the problem?

ldd /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libdvdread.so.3
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib32/libdl.so.2 (0x55592000)
libc.so.6 => /lib32/tls/libc.so.6 (0x55596000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x56555000)

and

ldd /opt/bin/mplayer32 |grep libdvdcss

returns nothing....
Primer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
ldd /opt/bin/mplayer32 | grep -i dvd
        libdvdread.so.3 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libdvdread.so.3 (0x5559b000)

ldd /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libdvdread.so.3.0.0
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib32/libdl.so.2 (0x5559f000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib32/tls/libc.so.6 (0x555a3000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x56555000)

Perhaps it uses dlopen() to load libdvdcss? I never play dvds on my amd64 box so I've never tried this. I can see that libdvdcss is not included with emul-linux-x86-mplayerlibs. Perhaps if it was present, this would work. I'll give it a try tonight to test.

One thought though: the 64 bit mplayer shouldn't have any problems playing dvds. And recall that mplayer32 was mean to co-exist peacefully with 64 bit mplayer.

Daniel
iggee85
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primer wrote:
Voyageur wrote:
I think Kuhrscher meant that the net-www/mplayerplug-in32/mplayerplug-in32-2.80.ebuild file is missing from the newest portdir overlay (the 2.70 ebuild was in the 20050201 overlay).

I've never seen the ebuild itself on the web site though. I just renamed 2.70 ebuild (from the old overlay) to 2.80, downloaded mplayerplug-in32-2.80.tbz2 to /usr/portage/packages/All and ran
Code:
emerge -vKOa mplayerplug-in32

If there is no ebuild lying around somewhere in the portage tree, emerge will refuse to unpack the binary one:
Code:
voyageur-A ~ #emerge -vKOa mplayerplug-in32

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "mplayerplug-in32".

2.8 is worth the trouble though, on my system changing to full screen with 2.7 woud fail everytime. No problem with 2.8 and some hi-res trailers :)

Ahh, indeed. Thanks for the head's up. New portdir tarball uploaded.

Daniel

Same problem with latest mplayer32-bin-portdir-20050801.tar.bz2, ebuild for mplayerplug-in32 is missing. Took me a while to figure out why mplayerplug-in32 wouldn't emerge when I realized ebuild was not in portage. Followed the above advice though and it works.
iggee85
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, mplayer32 works perfectly on every wmv and mov file that i open locallyt and i emerged mplayerplug-in32 successfully.
Firefox-bin even detects it correctly in about:plugins page:
    QuickTime Plug-in 6.0, Windows Media Player Plugin are supported by mplayerplug-in
    File name: mplayerplug-in.so
    mplayerplug-in 2.85

But i can't seem to get any movies on quicktime.com to work in the browser. It buffers the video and stops at 99%, i tried right-click -> play file and nothing happens. I tried loading Firefox-bin in terminal but there are no errors when buffering, the plugin just hangs at 99%. Is there something i need to do to get this to work?
BTW, sorry if this has been posted before, i was too tired to go over all the posts again to fix this problem.
Voyageur
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there have been numerous posts on this problem, but this is not specific to the 32bit version. There are various fixes (depending on the true source of the problem), check this thread

In your case, I'd guess arts/KDE is responsible (other fixes are mainly for older installations)

There's also a debug option in the plug-in that can helps (run firefox from a console then)
Primer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Official ebuild Reply with quote

Howdy folks,

Sorry for never getting back to all the people I promised to get back to. I've been really busy lately and I simply haven't had time to look into dvb tuners and dvd css decryption, as I'd promised.

But we have some good news! There is now an official ebuild in portage:

http://packages.gentoo.org/packages/?category=media-video;name=mplayer-bin

I've contacted dang, the maintainer, and offered my services in the event he needs or wants help with this official ebuild. I've aksed that he add this thread to the forums for this new ebuild, so this thread could still be used for the new ebuild.

That's about it.

Daniel
dang
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official ebuild Reply with quote

Primer wrote:
Howdy folks,

Sorry for never getting back to all the people I promised to get back to. I've been really busy lately and I simply haven't had time to look into dvb tuners and dvd css decryption, as I'd promised.

But we have some good news! There is now an official ebuild in portage:

http://packages.gentoo.org/packages/?category=media-video;name=mplayer-bin

I've contacted dang, the maintainer, and offered my services in the event he needs or wants help with this official ebuild. I've aksed that he add this thread to the forums for this new ebuild, so this thread could still be used for the new ebuild.

That's about it.

Daniel

And many thanks to primer for his work on this package, and his help in setting up the official one. While I mostly used his work to build it, and most credit goes to him, any bugs are,of course, my fault. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of time to follow the forums right now, so please submit bugs into bugzilla if I'm not being responsive here. I'll do my best to get to them ASAP. Especially report any missing libs in emul-linux-x86-medialibs that keep a format from being played or encoded. I tried as many as I could, but I can't get them all.
ktech
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where should we put the config file for this mplayer-bin?

I think it should be in a different place, as my mplayer uses gl2 and this version don't work in gl, gl2 or xv, so I should use x11 for it.

Why is it not working if mplayer uses it very well?
andrewd18
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check it out, everyone. There's an mplayer-bin in portage.

http://www.gentoo-portage.com/media-video/mplayer-bin

~~ Andrew D.

There's no place like ::1
Primer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should read the thread before posting? All you had to do was look two posts up and you'd have seen this was already posted...
andrewd18
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never read threads before posting. I love repeating what other people said.

Yeah, sorry. Shoulda looked up. :oops:

~~ Andrew D.

There's no place like ::1
marschw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the new mplayer-bin ebuild overwrite my non-binary build (on account of not being named mplayer32), or can I have them installed in parallel like the mplayer32-bin ebuild?

-=Marcus
Voyageur
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All files are suffixed with "-bin", so it will not wreak havoc on your standard mplayer (and most of the installed files get into /opt like a well behaved binary package).

I'm more concerned on cohabitation between mplayer32 and mplayer-bin (and more specifically between the emul libs). Also ldd on both binaries indicates that mplayer-bin is linked against 57 libraries, while mplayer32 is linked against 88, so for now mplayer32 has more features available
dang
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktech wrote:
where should we put the config file for this mplayer-bin?

I think it should be in a different place, as my mplayer uses gl2 and this version don't work in gl, gl2 or xv, so I should use x11 for it.

Why is it not working if mplayer uses it very well?

Apparently, my post didn't make it in...

Anwya, gl,gl2 and xv all work fine here on mplayer-bin, although gl and gl2 are slow due to my lack of 3D acceleration. XV is my standard mode.

The first version of mplayer-bin was missing deps, so make sure you have emul-linux-x86-sdl and -gtklibs installed.
dang
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyageur wrote:
All files are suffixed with "-bin", so it will not wreak havoc on your standard mplayer (and most of the installed files get into /opt like a well behaved binary package).

I'm more concerned on cohabitation between mplayer32 and mplayer-bin (and more specifically between the emul libs). Also ldd on both binaries indicates that mplayer-bin is linked against 57 libraries, while mplayer32 is linked against 88, so for now mplayer32 has more features available

I apparently was missing some use flags, mmxext (I had mmx2) and 3dnow among them. There will be a revbump of mplayer-bin in the next couple of days when I've gotten that all sorted out. The big issue is that the no-lib32 profile wouldn't work, because win32codecs would be in /usr/lib/win32 and not /usr/lib32/win32.
Fran
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't /usr/bin/mplayer-bin be
Code:
/opt/mplayer-bin/bin/mplayer-bin "$@"

instead of
Code:
/opt/mplayer-bin/bin/mplayer-bin $@

?

This is what happens when I try to play a file with spaces:
Code:
franjva@tay64 ~ $ mplayer-bin try\ file.avi
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.3.5-20050130 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices  (Family: 8, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
MMX2 supported but disabled
3DNow supported but disabled
3DNowExt supported but disabled
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 0 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX SSE SSE2

85 audio & 196 video codecs
Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system startup scripts.
Playing try.
File not found: 'try'
Failed to open try

Playing file.avi.
File not found: 'file.avi'
Failed to open file.avi

Exiting... (End of file)
stdPikachu
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: A question Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been covered before, as it seems to be a difficult query to search for! So apols for any repetiton.

Frankly, I hate mPlayer and gmplayers (IMHO) sucky GTK interface, and much prefer Xine and the players based on it (such as Kaffeine). Is there anything stopping me from building a 32bit xine-lib (and xine-ui, etc etc) package on my 32bit box (also an AMD64) and installing that on my 64bit box? Has anyone tried this? Can anyone forsee it causing problems with the multitude of programs that hook into Xine (e.g. Kaffeine, Amarok)?

Obviously I'd have to do some judicuous editing to get the binaries to fall into the correct directories and have different names from their 64bit counterparts (e.g. binaries called xine32 and /usr/lib/xine32), but it's something I'd rather do myself than have to go through the (slightly laborious) process of downloading and installing third-party binary ebuilds, and seeing as alot of Gentoo folks with 64bit boxes also have 32bit boxes kicking around, I thought it might even be possible to create a semi-official set of ebuilds in the portage tree designed to be compiled on a 32bit machine and then installed onto a 64bit machine...

Any thoughts? Or am I just barking up the wrong tree...? :D
dang
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
Shouldn't /usr/bin/mplayer-bin be
Code:
/opt/mplayer-bin/bin/mplayer-bin "$@"

instead of
Code:
/opt/mplayer-bin/bin/mplayer-bin $@

?

You're right, I'll fix it in the next revbump.
dang
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A question Reply with quote

stdPikachu wrote:
I don't know if this has been covered before, as it seems to be a difficult query to search for! So apols for any repetiton.

Frankly, I hate mPlayer and gmplayers (IMHO) sucky GTK interface, and much prefer Xine and the players based on it (such as Kaffeine). Is there anything stopping me from building a 32bit xine-lib (and xine-ui, etc etc) package on my 32bit box (also an AMD64) and installing that on my 64bit box? Has anyone tried this? Can anyone forsee it causing problems with the multitude of programs that hook into Xine (e.g. Kaffeine, Amarok)?

Obviously I'd have to do some judicuous editing to get the binaries to fall into the correct directories and have different names from their 64bit counterparts (e.g. binaries called xine32 and /usr/lib/xine32), but it's something I'd rather do myself than have to go through the (slightly laborious) process of downloading and installing third-party binary ebuilds, and seeing as alot of Gentoo folks with 64bit boxes also have 32bit boxes kicking around, I thought it might even be possible to create a semi-official set of ebuilds in the portage tree designed to be compiled on a 32bit machine and then installed onto a 64bit machine...

Any thoughts? Or am I just barking up the wrong tree...? :D

No. That is excatly what mplayer-bin is, packaged up. You have to make sure that you have 32-bit versions of all the libs it needs installed in /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib. Check the various emul-linux-x86-* packages for libs you can use.

Of course, anything that links to xine-lib rather than execing xine will also need to be 32-bit. I don't know enough about xine to know which wrappers to what.
stdPikachu
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: A question Reply with quote

dang wrote:
That is excatly what mplayer-bin is, packaged up. You have to make sure that you have 32-bit versions of all the libs it needs installed in /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib. Check the various emul-linux-x86-* packages for libs you can use.

Of course, anything that links to xine-lib rather than execing xine will also need to be 32-bit. I don't know enough about xine to know which wrappers to what.

Indeedy, what I'm getting at is lowering the barrier to entry to those of us with access to a 32bit box, rather than have to depend on other peoples' binaries or go through the hassle of a 32bit chroot. Thanks for the pointer regarding the emulation packages, I wasn't aware that 32bit software used these libraries rather than the usual /lib and /usr/lib directories. I'm going to have a fiddle with an ebuild or two and see what happens, but since I have zero knowledge of portage I highly expect to muck my system up :D
sirdilznik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be (or is there) a mplayerplug-in-bin?

If this has been posted before, sorry. I didn't want to read through all the pages :roll:
Kuhrscher
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official ebuild Reply with quote

Thank you for your great work during the last month, Primer!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: