Copying more than one title w/lxdvdrip
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewbarr
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Copying more than one title w/lxdvdrip Reply with quote

I recently copied a DVD-Video disc for someone, and they requested an extra feature that was on the disc, in addition to the main movie. No menus involved, just a 10-minute video. The length of movie and feature were such that after stripping away extra audio tracks and subtitles, the video did not need requantizing. I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to copy more than one title with lxdvdrip. There is the '-st=partcopy' option, but that presented me with a bizarre list of 200+ titles (there were 80-some on the disc) that had lengths which did not look at all correct or even proportional to the actual lengths. I ended up using the dvdbackup utility in combination with DVDShrink running under Wine. Does anyone know how to copy 2 (or more) titles to a backup DVD using lxdvdrip? Thanks in advance.

Andrew
Cottonee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you using lxdvdrip v1.4 then you should be able to create menu (titles and chapters) for each title you ripped. If movie has a lot of titles then using Xine or Mplayer to check what title # you want first. So, you know what number you want to rip. Another option is, rip title manually, by using either transcode, mplayer then create its own vob file.. then you can use qdvdauthor to create menu (audio sound, background, buttons etc) for you.

Have fun
-Nat

Qdvdauthor : http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/
andrewbarr
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cottonee wrote:
If you using lxdvdrip v1.4 then you should be able to create menu (titles and chapters) for each title you ripped.

I don't really want the menus, just the main title and this extra title.

Cottonee wrote:
If movie has a lot of titles then using Xine or Mplayer to check what title # you want first. So, you know what number you want to rip.

I did that; it's 10 and 81. The problem comes in the fact that there's more than one and it appears to me that you can't specify more than one -t option at a time with lxdvdrip.

Cottonee wrote:
Another option is, rip title manually, by using either transcode, mplayer then create its own vob file.. then you can use qdvdauthor to create menu (audio sound, background, buttons etc) for you.

I tried creating .vob files and completely reauthoring, the problem is the original chapter structure, especially of the main title, is gone. I couldn't find a way to get a list of chapters and times from the original disc to specify to dvdauthor.

I guess this was a bit of an odd case, becuase usually lxdvdrip works fine (just one title), but for odd cases like this there's nothing wrong with using DVDShrink+Wine.

Andrew

Cottonee wrote:

Have fun
-Nat

Qdvdauthor : http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/

Cottonee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't really want the menus, just the main title and this extra title.

Yeah, but in my opinion, I will create a menu (maybe with or without buttons) that has links to those two titles. So, when you play that DVD it will come up with menu for you to choose then you can use your DVD's remote control to select which one you want to play.

Quote:
I tried creating .vob files and completely reauthoring, the problem is the original chapter structure, especially of the main title, is gone. I couldn't find a way to get a list of chapters and times from the original disc to specify to dvdauthor.

Umm.. I have never did this manually before, but I have tried rip with lxdvdrip 1.4 (with partcopy & dvdwizard enable) and select two titles. It ended up with two titles with a main menu links inside included chapter list and links. Try it
-Nat
andrewbarr
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-st=partcopy seemed to me to be my best bet. The problem was there were about 85-90 titles on the disc. -st=partcopy gave me a bizzare list with over 200 titles in it and even odder times (like a few seconds on most and several thousand minutes on a few). But I notice that the latest lxdvdrip in portage is 1.30_pre4 not the 1.4 you mentioned, perhaps I should upgrade.

Thanks again,
Andrew
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: