19%  [ 11 ]
Games are a waste of time!
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 57

DarwinianCoeus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: World of Warcraft (post open beta) Reply with quote

So after a lot of fighting, WoW works decently well w/ cedega, and despite being probably the best mmorpg yet, I'm not 100% sold yet. I played WoW on a friend's windows machine, and it's a lot more smooth than I was able to get it, even my (faster) linux boxes.

Who has already decided?
Ryle
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be buying the release. Except for the lockups when inside with my mini-map on the game ran great. Now, I don't know how it compares to Windows but I can say WoW runs better in Linux than my windows versions of DAoC or Horizons did when they launched.

Also, once the game is officially release Cedega will officially be able to spend time developing compatability for it, so I expect to see some performance increases (hopefully as soon as the 4.2 release scheduled for Dec. 7th that supports hl2).
IntergalacticWalrus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got in the open beta. Played a few hours. Got bored by the fact that it's just another retarded level-grind like all those other dumb MMORPGs. I love the Warcraft universe, but not enough to digest it in MMORPG form.

First time I won't buy a Blizzard game since Warcraft II. I hate MMORPGs on so many levels, even if they come from Blizzard.
postja
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you had played the game for more than a few hours you might have realized that the game is a lot more than a retarded level grind. The quests in the beginning part of the game are a little simple, but I think this is mostly to teach newer players how to do things. Once you get to higher levels, the quests become varied and interesting and take you to all parts of the world to complete them.

Your loss I guess.
DarwinianCoeus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the world is huggeee. I played EQ for a couple months, and thought it was a pretty big world. I think WoW is going to blow it away.

How about a gentoo guild?
dreas
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't try to play WoW on gentoo using Cedega since the 3D performance with my ATI graphic card is so shitty. :?

Anyway, I have windows (yes, with a valid license) on a partition for that kind of stuff and loved every minute in game. It's been a lot more fun than DAoC and Ryzom have been lately.

Pre-ordered over here in Germany, hoping for a release on christmas. *keeps fingers crossed*
Nonus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it too and I never liked rpgs until I got addicted to the game. I played it on my powerbook and it didnt run that smooth. I preordered the game too and hopefully itll arrive soon after the release date. One thing that will suck is that there will be a tonne of people playing all the newb quests at the begining and itll be conjested.

I played the game for 27 hours almost straight (had supper) and I would not recommend that to anything. Once I stopped playing I had weird hallucinations with people running around and the hit points flashing around too.
Malek
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to wait til I get out of a financial fiasco then I'll definately get it.
Invincible_777
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Starcraft fans in here?? I would love to play all-time favorite game in my future-all time favorite system (as soon as I get network-unmung other things, working) I tried wine in Fedora Core 2, but the sound doesnt work in fedora, so I hope things go better in gentoo, (although i am still not sure i will get everything installed). Anyway, GO STARCRAFT!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: