View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaNIsH
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: startkde on one screen only? Reply with quote

Hey,
I'm currently fiddling around with multiple screens (one being a TV for movie playing, the other being my monitor). Basically it's all working perfectly, but I can't make KDE start only on the monitor.
All I want the TV to display untill I put a movie on it is a blank screen, no kicker/any of that.

If the above is not possible is there any way to start an application in KDE in always on top mode? My main probs with KDE starting in both screen is the kicker showing through on full screen movie playing unless I set the movie to always on top.

Thanks in advance :)
c07
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: startkde on one screen only? Reply with quote

DaNIsH wrote:
is there any way to start an application in KDE in always on top mode?

Yes: Right click on title bar ->Advanced -> Special Window Settings.

DaNIsH wrote:
My main probs with KDE starting in both screen is the kicker showing through on full screen movie playing unless I set the movie to always on top.

You could set its width to something less than 100%.

The proper solution would be to configure a second display, but I don't know how to do that.
DaNIsH
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: startkde on one screen only? Reply with quote

c07 wrote:
DaNIsH wrote:

Sorry, I meant starting the application in always on top. Not starting the application, then setting it always on top (already knew how to do that).
Quote:

DaNIsH wrote:
My main probs with KDE starting in both screen is the kicker showing through on full screen movie playing unless I set the movie to always on top.

You could set its width to something less than 100%.

The proper solution would be to configure a second display, but I don't know how to do that.

I already have 2 displays, the second display is running a second KDE. Tried alot of things (mainly editing .xinitrc) and it always wan't to start that second KDE session.
c07
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: startkde on one screen only? Reply with quote

DaNIsH wrote:
c07 wrote:
DaNIsH wrote:

Sorry, I meant starting the application in always on top. Not starting the application, then setting it always on top (already knew how to do that).

You start the application, set it once to always on top and it will apply to any future window of the choosen type if you configure it in that dialog.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: