ivtv is not recognizing my PVR250
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naddaf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: ivtv is not recognizing my PVR250 Reply with quote

Hello everyone.
I am using 2.6.9-gentoo-r4 kernel, and have a WinTV PVR250 (CX23416-12). I merged ivtv-0.1.9-r4 (for some reason, it wan't able to download 0.2) but I am running into a few major problems. I have posted to ivtv mailing list and haven't received any reply, so I thought some of the gentoo folks who have had success might be able/willing to help me out. In short, my PVR250 is not recognized!

(1) Who is responsible for creating /dev/video0 and the rest of devices in /dev? Since they were not created by anything, I created them myself, but I am curiuos to know who should have done that.

(2) After loading the ivtv module, here is the lspci -v result:
-------Start of output (lspci -v)-----------------------------
0000:00:0c.0 Multimedia video controller: Unknown device 0444:0016 (rev 01)
Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc.: Unknown device 4009
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
------ End of output------------------------------------------

(3) When I do "cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg", I get the error
cat: /dev/video0: No such device.
So my card is not recognized.

Then I went off and downloaded the source for ivtv-0.2.0-rc2w.tgz and it compiled and still I wasn't getting anywhere. So here is how you could help me if possible: if you have the same kernel version and a working ivtv + PVR250, would you please send me your kernel config file (.config) and teh exact version of ivtv (whether compiled source yourself or used emerge) so I can see what exactly needs to be put in the kernel and what ivtv should do the jobn for me?

By the way, although the ebuild is supposed to create /etc/modules.d/ivtv with a couple of lines in it, in my case it only created an empty file, so I had to manually create that file and run modules-update.

Any help is greatly appreciated since it is taking a lot of my time with no success so far.

Ali.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: