Creepy moments
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jzono1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Creepy moments Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone else have encountered creepy situations in-game with something in real-life to boost the crepiness?
I was playing Doom3 earlier today, was just past an creepy part, with a long, bending corridor, where i heard creepy noises when i went through it, the next room was empty, but i heard this realy creepy, desperate scratching from behind, it even continued when i exited doom3! It was my cat, scratching at the door to my room, eager to find some food.
Another time, i was playing farcry, my firsth encounter with the trigents, just killed a few of em, heard some strange noises from behind the monitor, tehn my cat throws a big, fat real, dead mouse in the air.
Have anybody else ever experinced something like these two stories?
Share em!!! :)
adsmith
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need a new cat...
routerguy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cat sits on my keyboard....
bennettp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm glad I don't own cats.
Registered Linux User #363420
adsmith
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To actually answer your question -- yes.

That said, I think one of the most interesting real life/entertainment overlaps I've had was watching "Das Boot" on my inlaws' 72 inch TV with a huge surround sound system. Thunder cracked all around outside as the depth charges blew the sub apart. You could feel the fear in your gut and the vibrations in your bones
Amarack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I think your cat is smart. Senses the mood and decides to mess with you. But yeh especially for creepy games like Doom 3 and good movies you can really feel an overlap sometimes... Its awesome.. and wierd at the same time.
plainzwalker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this. I'm stationed in germany at the 2nd largest training area of the US Army and my house is about 200yards from the tank range. While play Americas Army I've had grenades go off at the same time a shock wave from a tank firing shakes my house. I don't think it gets much realler then that, except for the constant m60 and 50cal fire I'm hearing 24/7.
Lepaca Kliffoth
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cat is dead.
Talk about creepy...
feld
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugestion:

emerge unmerge cat

-Feld

if (random(65535)< 65500) { hose(partition); for (i=0;i<100000000;i++) print_crap(); }
jakamaka
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, DoomIII is some creepy shit. 8)
asiobob
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always laugh at people who say they've had creepy moments in games, I mean WAKE UP!! its only a game. it's to be expected...

That is untill last night.
I was completeing Doom3 for the 2nd time and upon entry to Alpha Labs sector 4 I went to dinner, and watched tele, went to teh pub. The same was still on, I was in the elevator, several hours had passed and I was at teh same place.

As I walked into my room, them spider like creatures suddenly attached, the sound startled me since I was not expecting it :D I mean I was there for hours!
jzono1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, my cat is really smart, she even knows that she can come in the window next to my pc, but, she needs to climb a ladder to egt there, so yeah, she is smart! :D
the room with the spiders are fun!
using a slow windoze box at a public library to post here is booring...
i remember something, it wasnt actually creepy, but it was fun to watch...
i was at a lan-pary, and theres some guy, he falls asleep while waiting for max paine 2 to load 8O 8O 8O
the lone crouton
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cats have scared the crap out of me numerous times while I've been engrossed in Doom 3.

Also creepy was the time in UT2k4 when I saw a player get frustrated driving a jeep, get out of it, and start shooting it in obvious frustration. Then I realised I was playing offline, and had just watched a bot have a temper tantrum...
ZothOmmog
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a 10 hour stretch of playing the original Half-Life, the entire right side of my field of vision flashed red as I bumped into a wall after staggering out of my chair.

For those of you who've never played it, your HUD flashes red in the direction you're hit from when injured. I decided I better call it quits for a while afterwards...
racoontje
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ATi gets such crappy FPS in D3. Zombies are hardly scary when you see them 10 minutes before they actually /reach/ you.
benxor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zothommog, that may just have been a spontaneous aneurism from playing computer games for over 10hours =P
yodi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after an intense weekend of playing ut 2004 I was walking into town and a car alarm went off. I jumped out of my skin and starting hitting strafle and fire in my head.

When I was playing system shock once I went to the kitchen to get some food but had to turn on all the lights in case one of them damn lab monkies was there 8O

I have dreamt playing star craft before, wondered why when people talk to me optional replies don't appear at the bottom of my screen.

etc you get the idea lol
xlogicalxendx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic0 wrote:
My cat sits on my keyboard....

My cat sits on top of my monitor and hangs his head down to watch my games upside down. The awesome part is when he tries to slap enemies that are moving around on the screen. I've got this crazy idea about getting a touch screen so my cat can help me play ut2004, cuz I suck by myself and hes got better reflexes than me. I do the running he can do the shooting.
routerguy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, xlogicalxendx! I wish my cat could do that. He's just a lazy bum who walks over and sits right on top of my keyboard when I have a root terminal up.
evan18h
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic0 wrote:
I wish my cat could do that. He's just a lazy bum who walks over and sits right on top of my keyboard when I have a root terminal up.

imagine if it pressed rm -rf / enter while crawing up to your keyboard to sit
routerguy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... :lol: I usually lock the screen when I see him coming. :wink:
jzono1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got really scared a few days ago, when i realized that i couldn't run the doom3 mod pathways redux at ultra & 1280x1024!!!
somebody try that with a really crappy card, these outdoor sequences really kills yor system...

btw, my cat don't like walking on the keyboard, and, you should never start a rm by typing rm -rf/, you should type rm /somedir -rf.. completely cat-safe :D
MyKillK
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a funny story about Doom3....

My friend was over and was watching me play Doom3. I was at the part where you first get the chaingun. You know...the part where after you grab it the walls come up around you, and when they come down there's an imp right in your face and you get to mow down a bunch of guys coming down the hallway? Yeah that part...

Anyway, I had played this part already at another friend's house so I knew what was coming. I thought it was really cool so I told my friend that I was glad he was there to see this really cool part.

My dog was chilling next to me next to my audio receiver, but neither of us were paying any attention to her because we were focused on the game. I grabbed the chaingun, and the walls came up, and when they came down, the imp screamed and I began blasting and it was INSANELY loud. It scared the absolute crap out of my friend and I....it had to been a ten-fold jump in decibels at least.

My friend thought that since I had built the part up just before that I had done it on purpose, but in reality my dog had somehow turned the volume knob on the receiver way up. It's almost as if she had done it intentionally because the timing was absolutely perfect. The volume didn't go up until exactly when the imp screamed.

We had to stop playing because our ears were ringing =]
z3ro
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with games really, but a weired/creepy moment still.

I've been known to mumble bits of code from whatever language I was last programming in when I am sort of half awake but still lying in bed early in the morning - or night as the case may be - I usually sleep during the day.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: