Xine and audio sync problem..........
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Xine and audio sync problem.......... Reply with quote

Wow, been awhile since I posted in these forums. I was wondering if anyone had run into this and if they were able to fix it. I have tried adjusting the 'passthrough offset' slider but that has absolutly no effect on the audio at all. I guess the next thing I should say is that I am using alsa-lig/alsa-driver 0.9.0_r6, arts is the driver that I have xine using. Its been awhile since I have used xine but I don't seem to remember this happening before. Anyways, all help is mucho appreciated. Should also say that this is happening with an mpeg haven't tried anything else yet.
azlan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see that guru title up there is pretty intimidating so I am afraid to make any suggestions but......have you tried

Code:
xine-check

It gives a nice output and tells you what is and isn't happening on your system.
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO, don't be fooled by the tag. Been away from gentoo for some time untill recently. My guru'ness has worn off. :wink: Actually didn't know about xine-check.

Actually the problem was with arts, it likes to give you a huge audio buffer by default. Dropped the buffer to 80ms (from like 600ms) and everything is fine now.
mikepb78
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Audio Sync and Xine : Reply with quote

If you are not totally anti-mplayer try this :
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=47041

It also includes a way of fixing the audio sync with or without reencoding the video so that you can play it on your favourite player.

The short form is :
Code:
emerge sync
emerge faad2 win32codecs mplayer

Code:
mplayer -aid 2 -dumpaudio -dumpfile begin.aac animatrix.mov
mplayer -aid 1 -dumpaudio -dumpfile main.aac animatrix.mov
cat begin.aac main.aac > animatrix.aac
faad animatrix.aac 
mplayer -audiofile animatrix.wav animatrix.mov

And then you can reencode it for xine.

Code:
mencoder -fps 23.976  -audiofile animatrix.wav -oac copy -sws 2  -pp 6 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=2000:vpass=1 -o /dev/null animatrix.mov
mencoder -fps 23.976  -audiofile animatrix.wav -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -sws 2  -pp 6 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=2000:vpass=2 -o animatrix.avi animatrix.mov

:)
sigmalll
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINITE wrote:
Actually the problem was with arts, it likes to give you a huge audio buffer by default. Dropped the buffer to 80ms (from like 600ms) and everything is fine now.

Wow, solved my problem - I was getting choppy sound, poor sync with xine and a whole host of related audio problems, I ended up increasing the arts buffer in an attempt to fix things (with no luck) and hadnt realised it would affect xine. Put the buffer down to 40ms and all my problems just went away.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: