BlueQuartz On Gentoo ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OllieD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: BlueQuartz On Gentoo ? Reply with quote

Is It Possible To Install BlueQuartz On Gentoo ?
BlueQuartz Is Based On The Opensource Cobalt Raq 550 OS.
I Would Prefer To Use This Over Webmin Due To It Being More Relavent To My Servers Needs. I Have Also Admired The Cobalt Raq For A While. And Have Previously Enjoyed Administrating Its Interface.

You Can Find The Project Here :
http://bluequartz.org

Any Advice /Tutorials Would Be More Than Welcome.

Thanks In Advance.

OllieD
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Networking & security, since this is a request for support for packages that aren't available yet.

Please don't capitalise every single word you write, that's very cumbersome to read.
OllieD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry. old habits die hard lol
cheers for moving this. i didnt quite know where to put it.
willieNL
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OllieD

I have 2 cobalt raq3i's at here and the same question.
I have a 2.4 kernel friendly rom sofar i know is this the first thing you need for an other os.

Do you have gentoo running on you cobalt ??
the only information i can find till now is how to redhat,netbsd.
and no bluequartz for netbsd :evil:
I'm intrested in the BlueQuartz stuff and hope to get it working since the original redhat stuff is like a cheese with holes.
slaugther
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on it. I have managed to compile most of cce with a patch from kenji something on the bluequartz list and some of my own tweaks. devel-tools also compile and with them installed the rest of cce should compile to since it now dies because it can not find those tools.

I will release some ebuilds soon hopefully.
If bluequartz really works on gentoo remains to be seen after its all installed. I will mainly care about getting the user management and vsites working since thats what we use most and the machine i am working on needs to go back to active soon.

Update:
UI coming along nicely and cce compiles completly. It will soon be time to start testing things and find all the tweaks which needs to be done for it to really work and not just look like it works

Update2:
Have created ebuilds for all parts of the ui now. The two main things that remain with them is that they all currently build devel-tools due to some relative path somewhere in the backbone makefiles which makes them look for devel-files in the wrong place and they all unpack the large tar.gz for all of bluequartz everytime and therefore patch all locales everytime which makes the build take alot longer.
They are also "unclean" for the filesystem since they install alot of things that comes from the system or should be in other places.

Update3:
More than half the modules build now but cced doesn't work due to a problem with cobalts g_hash_iter mod to glib
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: