Sound server and console audio player?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wink42
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Sound server and console audio player? Reply with quote

I just bought an FM-Transmitter with the intention to setup a simple and cheap broadcasting-system throughout my apartment. The transmitter itself works fine, but i am not sure about the best way to integrate it into my server.

What i would like is to get some recommandations on what audioplayer to use for this task : Through a web-interface i need to start playing songs /playlists directly on the server. I put in a soundcard, emerged alsa-utils and recompiled my kernel - it looks ok, but I am unsure about whether alsa provides any audio-playing tools, (can i test sound-output with only alsa installed? ) and which system will suit my need best.

My server is doing ftp and streaming audio and that stuff, but I have not set up any GUI apps/libs on it, because I am trying to keep focus on the most important packages. When I do the emerge -p <some console player> it includes different X11-libs. (No KDE/X11/GNOME USE flags). Why all this graphical? stuff?
Thanks in advance
/Anders
Sodki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for my console audio needs i use cplay, which is a frontend for various players, like mpg321 and ogg123. it's very simple to use.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: