Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[split] Flamebait, renaming, atheism metathread
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paranode
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=262421

Unnecessary bigotry. There must be 5-10 anti-Christian threads a day. A discussion is fine, but starting threads like this one is just flamebait and it appears to me to be against the OTW guidelines. There are a handful of these atheist zealots that are 10 times worse than the worst Christian troll.
damnreds
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:

Unnecessary bigotry. There must be 5-10 anti-Christian threads a day. A discussion is fine, but starting threads like this one is just flamebait and it appears to me to be against the OTW guidelines. There are a handful of these atheist zealots that are 10 times worse than the worst Christian troll.

agreed. and it is only getting worse, as far as i can see. :wink:
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no interest in reading through the entire thread, so I'll ask a couple of questions:
  1. If the thread title were renamed, would it be an acceptable thread (i.e., its a discussion, not a flame war)?
  2. If renaming the title is not sufficient, which posts are inflamatory (I'm not interested in hunting for them)?
I'll lock it if need be, I'm just not excavating.
Bob P
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:

you know, when i came to the Gentoo Forums, i saw all of the anti-Christian hate posts, and as a result i honestly believed that Gentoo Linux was a bastion of athiest God-haters. it was evident to me that tolerance in these forums stopped at religious beliefs, and that religion bashing was all the rage here. i was surprised to see you post this. thanks for proving that i was wrong.

Edit: its not an anti-Christian problem. the atheists here are equally disposed to flame on anyone who expresses any form of religious belief.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:

what about an anti anti-christian thread? try to come back with that
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Toledo, Ohio,USA, North America, Earth, SOL System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Cosmos, and Beyond.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:

I agree with ateos opinions of christians, he is ranting becuase of the christian stance on homosexuality. While I sympathize with ateo, as you know, I agree with paranode that that this was just flamebait.

pjp, you hit the nail on the head with the suggestion to change the topic. The thread has become a good conversation and not just a flame fest so locking it would not be right.

paranode, otw guidelines clearly state that you should have a thick skin. I do not report the pro-christian threads that attack homosexuality. I simply click the link at the bottom that says "stop watching this topic". The power is in your hands.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtis119 wrote:
pjp, you hit the nail on the head with the suggestion to change the topic. The thread has become a good conversation and not just a flame fest so locking it would not be right.
Fair enough. Sounds like you are an active participant (or at least reader.) I nominate you to come up with an apropriate title :D.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm a politically correct thread title about Christianity" is the new title.

(My idea, so don't bother curtis about it.)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: